Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Dog Knows

What he likes.  He likes meals served on time.  Fresh water in his bowl.  A nice walk in the woods. Best of all, he likes it when a deer walks right up to him on the path and everyone stays real still and then the deer books it and the dog does too.  A dog knows when to cut off the chase and return to his owner for a treat.  Riley is a good dog.  G was glad he came back.  I'll have to rub his ears extra hard tonight before bedtime.

The day started cold.  31.  Smoke was rising off the ocean and the rivers.  I couldn't see the cars coming towards me on the way to work.  When I stopped at the big intersection, it looked like I had stopped the car in a cloud.  By the time I walked across the road to get my haircut at 9, the sun was out and everything was clear and warm.  And my hair looks great.  All spiky.

Good day at work.  I did lots of things I like doing.  My new coworker took pictures of a cabbage moth that flew in just moments after we set the new cabbage seedlings out in the sunshine.  R is keeping a journal of her internship.  R also took home a leaf from a foliage plant and looked up the sort of diseases that kind of plant gets.  The brown spots on the leaves were certainly caused by water dripping from the pots overhead onto the plant.  So we moved the three plants to the wall shelving.  She is learning from me and I am learning from her.

I've decided to rename my chicken salad.  Chicken Crack.  I had to go and buy another roaster breast from the deli on my way home from work.  They are on sale this week.  I also purchased two ripe organic mangoes.  I have to check out how many carbs in a mango and how much fiber.  I plan to eat the fruit with my yogurt no matter what the numbers say.  The mangoes were also on sale.

My scale is broken.  I weigh zero.  My mango colored "test pants" fit.  The pockets are flat.  Nothing is tight.  So I looked in the clothing container and found a new pair of "test pants".  Some capri pants my daughter gave me a few weeks ago.  I couldn't even zip them when I received them.  I can zip them but they are too tight.  So, I will use them to judge how I am doing weight wise.  I think "test pants" work better than the scale.  My rings aren't as loose as they should be.  I didn't drink enough water.  Have to do better at work.

I didn't want to finish my egg omelet at breakfast.  I don't know if it's the cold, the Walmart eggs, the bland sausage or what.  But I need to figure out a new breakfast.  I have been eating the same thing for nearly 12 months.  Like 300 times at least.  It's getting old.  And it doesn't taste good anymore.  Which is why I think it might be the Walmart brand of egg beaters.  Or just a bad carton of egg liquid. I'm too tired to even think about it.  I'm hitting the couch.

No comments: