Monday, January 30, 2012

More Fiber in 2012

In more ways than one.  Most of my readers got to this blog by way of the Art Quilting Ring button.  So it seems only fair to have Fiber Content here on a more regular basis.  Less talk and more Art.  No, not really.
Same amount of talk as usual with extra art. And one or two prunes with breakfast.

This is the bottom half of my 12 by 20 Metamorphosis piece due on February 12th.  It needs help.  I think I will need to sit and wonder about improvements in the next few days.  The top and bottom parts of the piece are not "playing" well with each other.

Riley is experiencing vacation re entry also, I think.  Perhaps there were things about the Sleepover Camp experience that he really enjoyed more than home.  And there are things he likes, loves, about home which he didn't care for at Sleepover Camp.  He seemed quiet and perhaps a bit sad today, but perked up when I got dressed to walk him.  I think he misses having all the small dogs climbing all over him in the open play area at Sleepover Camp.  That's what happened.

G arrived home after his first day back at work.  All the senior citizens (most of his customer base eats the Dollar Menu) asked him if he's bought a place down in Florida while he was gone.  We did think of looking but waited too long to get started.  Then we were too busy.  A nice condo is available within walking distance of our friend's home.  2 bedroom and 2 baths. We didn't get a chance to go look at it.  Now is the time to buy as everyone is going belly up and the folks who want to buy, can't get a loan.  Yes, that's right.  Lowest mortgage rates in history and no one wants to lend money.  You can get an adjustable rate but not a fixed 30 year loan.  That's Florida.  Even the guy building that huge house next door can't get a fixed loan.

I used the "on special" ground Angus beef ($2.05 per pound) to make an enormous pot of meatballs and red sauce.  They smell wonderful.  G is boiling his Italian pasta and my zucchini julienne is salted and getting limp.  Almost dinner time.  And then a quick trip to Staples for some supplies for G's work.  We have recordings of the fourth episode of Downton Abbey to watch and a mess of Sherlock Holmes. And I am half way through my Swedish mystery.  I never had time to read while I was gone.  Always someone to have a conversation with.  Never talked so much as I did last week.

2 comments:

Diane N said...

Isn't it just great the way the banks give us .2% interest on deposits but either overcharge interest on loans they make or else won't even make them? And don't even get me started on points and fees...

Looking forward to your added fiber content (the art, not the prunes)!

dee said...

Don't know what you're doing with the gray and yellow but it's a fabulous combo of prints and colors. Love!!