Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Christmas Day @ My House

I grabbed this photo off my daughter's blog (Slambo) because it's a really nice picture of where G and I sit most evenings.  My place is to the right with the lamp.  That's the spot I have been in with my Daily Stitch the past few days.  The television we watch is tucked behind the screen (which is filled with my favorite Mary Engelbreit greeting cards.  Fatso the gorgeous tree is to the far left.  I made those curtains on the far wall.  That part of the room (an L shape) was originally meant to be the dining room.  But, most of us don't really need a dining room anymore.  And we do have the great room next to the kitchen and the 8 foot table.

Here's a picture of Fatso in all of it's Twinkly Glory.  Almost wider than it is tall.  Love this tree.  It's still up and drinking water.  I don't usually take my tree down until the 12th day of Christmas (January 6th).  Every year, I wish the tree had been up earlier and stayed up later.  It is just so enjoyable.  Brightening the late afternoon and evenings.  Sometimes the tree is the only light we have on in that room.

Yesterday, Riley and I did our walk in damp Spring weather.  This morning there is a real cold chill in the air.  We'll need to really bundle up for the walk today.  Layers of down jackets under my coat.  Two pairs of gloves.

Breakfast is eggs, onion and sausage with a whole avocado (with lime juice) and coffee.  I have a bag of lentils out for lentil soup (minus the potato) which I will eat with smoked sausage.  All the chili and meatballs are gone.  I need to make something new.  Saving my last grapefruit for tomorrow morning.

Stitched four more squares and circles.  Cut yards of fabric into 5.5 inch squares.  Need to cut circles from the new fabrics.  Thinking of making embroidered Sailor's Valentines for Valentine's Day.  Wondering if I have any off white wool to work on.  I know I have red (I felted a little red wool skirt).

That's it for today.  Would like to drink tea in the evenings but I like it with sugar.  Splenda just tastes bad in tea.  I wonder if I could have a teaspoon of real sugar in my tea without going off the deep end with sugar cravings????  Or perhaps I could try the granulated Splenda in tea.  I have some of that and some of the granulated sugar alcohol xylitol.  I do enjoy a cup of tea in the evenings.

That's my day.  I have a few bits of laundry to take care of, changing the bed sheets, working on clearing the big table (still has shopping bags on it), and putting away the after Christmas gifts I purchased.  The sun is shining.  A good day.

5 comments:

Diane N said...

Fatso is gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you shared pictures with us. Reminds me of the beautiful trees Grandma and Grandpa used to bring home. Tall enough to brush the ceiling but so fat they took up the entire little parlor they had. Wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing with us.

gema said...

Try Stevia instead of Splenda. I am glad that Stevia has now been approved for consumption here. Few weeks ago I could purchase it in any health food store or online as a 'supplement' for baths or skin cremes etc....yes, like some people don't know how to get around the law...lol...the same for sea weed aka Wakami, sold for use in baths etc. LOL.

Samantha said...

Mom, can you have Agave Nectar? It was very good in my green tea when I was drinking it. Supposed to have a low glycemic (sp?) index, maybe not so many carbs too?

kathy said...

Hello

Good Day,interesting post keep the good work.i'll be back for more

-Kathy
www.healthandwellnessconsultants.com

dee said...

Thanks for the peek into your room. That tree is gorgeous.
We tried the Stevia last year and we all had the same response. It left a bitter after taste. I gave it away to a friend who likes it. Try the agave. That seems to be just right.
I really love that circle in the square French fabric piece. I adored your french chicken quilt and this seems like it will be just as happy. Those fabrics just make me smile. That's why I fell in love with Sandy Klop and the American Jane fabrics. Everyone who sees that fabric calls it cheerful and happy! January calls for a lot of that.