Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blue Sock Monkey

A Christmas Gift from my daughter's boyfriend.  I would buy these for new arrivals (babies) along with a few onesies and a rattle.  Now, I just buy them for myself.  I have about a dozen small monkeys (6 inches tall) that I used on a small Christmas Tree.  I need to go find them in the attic and include them in the ornament box.

I was without wireless this morning and had to watch television while I ate breakfast and tried to do two Easy suduko puzzles.  Not easy enough for this morning!!!  Then I went to iron shirts in the office.  Yes, my ironing stuff is in the "office".  I got seven or eight shirts ironed before the back up iron decided to become "fussy" and a load of white stuff washed and dried.  The dog won't go outside alone and I won't go outside, period.  It's snowing.  And underneath the snow is greasy ice.

Regarding the wireless.  I had to try and remember what G had done to get it working last week.  Eventually, I hit on the right combo of things.  I was certainly happy when the "you have mail" thing pinged.

I gained 3.5 pounds over night from Tuesday to Wednesday.  Lost two of those pounds overnight Wednesday to Thursday.  My ring is tight so I know it's all water.  My daughter made me drink a whole bunch of water (to solve the constipation problem) and now I am full of water.  I have thought that as long as your urine is colorless, you are well hydrated.  Daughter says I am wrong. She also wants me to start eating prunes (dried plums) but they are very high in carbs.  I think they have a laxative effect because of the large amounts of sorbitol they contain.  Sugar alcohols.  The stuff of farts and gas.

G is at work.  He purchased a new Invisible Fence collar for Riley.  The clasp broke, perhaps during the rough play with Spice.  Yesterday the choke collar released on the walk.  Thank the lord it was at the very end of the walk and Riley was tired and just wanted to go home.  He was loose and returned when I called.  We were in a place that was unfamiliar to him.  Near highways.  So dangerous.  We walked the 6 mile loop called the "Bike Path" along the Androscoggin River.  You can walk, jog, bike or rollerblade.  Riley didn't like it, I think the car noises hurt his ears.  G seems to think the dog's foot pads are also sensitive from the walk.  Perhaps too much salt on the surface, though Riley did tend to stay on the grass or dirt to the left of the paving.  We will try and do other walks in and around town after I return from Florida.

I received another letter from Unemployment for a "Phone Interview".  Last time I got one of these notices, they practically threatened me with jail for not filling out the work diary correctly.  This time my sin is "holiday" pay.  I got paid for Christmas Day.  A Sunday, my regularly scheduled work day.  So, while we are in Florida, I will be interviewed by the State of Maine, regarding forfeiture of benefits.  Me.  Not a Welfare Cheat.  Me.  Seriously pisses me off.

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

Oh - I have a local friend having similar problems with unemployment. I sent her a link to your blog.

dejablu503 said...

I'm Gerrie's friend, also battling the unemployment people, some days I think my brain will explode because of the level of stupid that goes with dealing with government agencies. My story might make you feel better, you can read it here - http://dejablu.dreamwidth.org/7130.html

I'm trying to get a local indie paper to "lay off" a reporter and investigate the system from the inside.

Andee