Friday, January 13, 2012

Colorful Threads

No new photograph as I have no idea how long I will have internet service.  We keep losing contact with the wireless.  I managed, yesterday and today, to get the thing working, but it only takes a second of inactivity (like taking a picture) to lose the connection.  And it never works again.  Until tomorrow???

It is 42 degrees and I think it rained about an hour ago.  The surfaces are slushy but as the temp drops and the sun (what sun) disappears this will all be ice.  I decided I wasn't going out with a 90 pound dog pulling me.  I finished the second of Asa Larsson's books.  Very, very good.  I wish now that I had ordered the third.  But I don't have time for more books.  Right now.  I have the fourth Tudor hunchback mystery waiting.  And Case Histories by Kate Atkinson.

I spent about 40 minutes visiting the Whole30 site which I believe is Paleo or DinoChow.  No grains, no dairy.  All uncured meats and all vegetables and nuts.  Limited fruits.  You seem to be able to eat all the fruits but in limited amounts.  No sugar in any form whatsoever.  The list is only available for purchase. If you felt Atkins was restrictive(?) then go visit Whole30.

I (along with all other master gardeners) have been invited to a set of 6 vegetable gardening classes this winter.  At the local church next door to the library.  I think I will be going.  They are free classes and open to the public.  Sounds wonderful.  Now I have two plans for the next few months.  Walks and classes.

My daughter is coming over after work.  Which will be nice.  G has tomorrow and Sunday off which will be nice.  I have all the ironing done.  I washed all the scarves and gloves.  I need to dig out some summertime clothes to take on vacation.  How odd, huh?  G finally is all caught up on Downton Abbey and we'll be watching the new season starting at 7 pm on Sunday.  It's ever so much to do about nothing.

I am still watching That 70's Show every evening.  Though it is starting to get repetitive.  Perhaps I have seen almost all of the episodes by now?  The 13th of January is a bit early for me to be getting bored, but I think I am.  It's hard not seeing, talking or doing stuff with other people.  I may be reclusive but I like being around people.  Too funny.

I'm going to press publish and then visit the library site and order a few books.  Crossing my fingers and hoping the wireless doesn't crap out midway.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

What!!! Forty-two degrees there and twenty-two in Kentucky? I'm so wistful thinking about your getting out summer clothes. Hope your trip is wonderful.