Friday, July 08, 2011

Lenten Rose

One of the first things to bloom in the New Year.  We have large plants for sale right now but I don't have a nice spot to plant them.  This is a magazine photo.

It says something about my summer schedule of activities, that I have the time to post to this blog everyday. I did go to work yesterday.  After my Pilates exercises, I got dressed packed my all fat/protein lunch plus a container of radish slices and a quart jar with a half packet of Crystal Light lemonade.  I had 2 HB eggs with mayo, ham and cheese roll up.  I skipped dinner and had two slices of Deluxe Kraft with my bedtime Benadryl.  I was so exhausted and under the influence of Benadryl to even think straight.  I napped on the couch until G announced we were all going to bed at 9:30.  Even Riley.

The Benadryl is to control the itching of my Annual Spider Bite.  At work, as usual.  On my right elbow. It is still red, swollen and hot this morning.  Not as HUGE as the Spider Bite of 2010 (left arm) which was so red and hot that I nearly caved and visited the ER.  Nor as "leaky" as the Spider Bite of 2009 (right ankle).  Each year the spider bite is different.

Work was difficult.  I arrived to find the tractor with the scoop lowered into the greenhouse doors. Employees were tossing plants into the scoop (destination the dumpster).  A total of 10 tables (or more) were emptied.  I was in charge of setting out the newly arrived "6 inch green foliage".  After lunch I watered the new foliage. And then the truck arrived with the new "6 inch annual Proven Winners" which also needed to be tagged with price stickers.  I still wasn't finished as the clock struck 6 and we went home.  I never got around to watering the new stuff.

There is no adult working in the greenhouse today.  I hope "someone" remembers to water.

I felt lighter this morning, so I weighed myself.  Lost one pound yesterday.  I had cereal again today and will follow the Atkins Induction Rules (AIR) for the rest of the day.  My wedding ring is not as tight.  I am hoping to regain some "regularity" today.

Riley's annual visit to the vet was $245.  So many shots that we have to wait a month for the last one.  the Vet didn't want to overload Riley's systems. He is fine.  Heat Sensitive (HS).  Meaning he feels the heat more than usual.  Which would account for the lack of appetite and the desire to remain outdoors where it is, sort of, cooler.  The panting and endless walking in a circle is another indication of heat sensitivity.  We can schedule another appointment (?) for a Chinese Herbal consultation for the HS. Why not just give him the herbs? We can also think about another annual shot for dogs that drink pond water. Riley does, though he usually throws up right after drinking it or more likely snorting it.

Riley's food has also been tweaked.  We are skipping the holistic food and he will be eating just the Potato & Duck.  With a taste of the Sweet Potato & Fish to see what he thinks.  He likes the fishy one.  Both are excellent choices for a HS Lab.  Riley looked thinner, but is down just one pound.  He needs a slimmer hip indent.  Don't we all?

G weeded 4 out of five of the garden beds yesterday.  Which leaves the remainder for me.  I need to pick up some more HB eggs, sliced ham and something else at the grocery (which I cannot remember) after my lunch date with Deborah.  I also need to pick up books on hold at the library.  G and I enjoy ending the day with a few quiet hours of reading.  G managed to cut the grass, get his haircut and walk the dog. He also finished the bag of cherries.

I was offered a sugar free ice cream sandwich yesterday at work (28 carbs).  Those things with the vanilla ice cream between two soggy chocolate cookie/cake things.  My ABSOLUTE favorite store bought ice cream treat.  I said no.  Really didn't crave eating it.  I plan on trying another low carb recipe for "cauliflower dough".  I can use it to make pizza crust, breadsticks and "doritos" chips.  We'll see.  I can also steam and shred the cauliflower to make "rice".   I am sort of interested in the "doritos" chips because I do love nachos.  The Oopsie Rolls aren't something I plan on trying again.  Too eggy.

Now I am going upstairs to do my exercises.

3 comments:

Terry Grant said...

I am always amazed by how often our lives parallel one another. I am taking my night time Benadryl for a spider bite on my butt! Ouchy, itchy! I'm thinking the critter crawled up my pajama leg while I was asleep with no covers because it was so hot the other night. The biting insects all love my sweet, tender flesh.

Diane N said...

I am so glad to hear that Riley is okay although being heat sensitive is no fun, either. That must be a load off your mind.

I hope your spider bite heals quickly. I haven't gotten my annual spider bite yet. It seems like mine happen in the fall of the year.

dee said...

Me three on the Benadryl. Got some sort of sun sensitivity from a med I am taking. Hope it goes away soon-Benadryl makes me feel depressed after a couple of days.

Glad to hear that Riley is OK.

I don't think I've ever seen that plant before. Very pretty. A flower in the Bauhaus style!