Friday, July 01, 2011

Friday Morning Fat Cells

I woke up with Riley at 6:30 this morning and he enthusiastically ate his breakfast.  What a good dog.  Then he did "business" outside and on his re-entry into the house, took a one hour nap.  Waking up must be tiring for a dog.

Now he and G are out doing chores around the garage.  I spent an hour shredding the items from the Safe Deposit Box and then the Bill Box which G was in charge of filing (not).  2009 and 2010 are now ready for the compost pile.  2008 and all my dad's things are next up after the shredder cools down. G obviously never filed anything.

I was busy reading Diet Forums again.  I think Fat Cells are pretty intelligent.  Or just into Survival.  Did you know that once you create a Fat Cell, it never goes away?  I think this is why people who never put on extra weight, have an easier time staying thin.  No empty fat cells looking for FAT.

When we diet the fat cells (on our butt, as an example) empty.  We loose pounds of fat (if dieting correctly) and the cells deflate.  When we stop dieting and start eating carbs again (candy, sugar, ice cream, cake, bread, pasta, rice), the first place any EXTRA goes is into "Fat Production and Fat Storage" in those depleted cells.  Which is why when I put on the 30 pounds, I regained, in only one spot.  My butt and thigh saddlebags.  And which is why, with the Atkins, I am taking INCHES off my butt and saddlebags. Fat Cell Depletion.

Each time you diet and regain the weight, the Fat Cells get "smarter" and more stubborn and the refuse to let go of the fat.  The Fat Cells "know" you'll give up eventually, so they wait you out.  And when you do give in and go back to eating like usual, they decide to invest in some "Insurance Fat Cells" so they increase their volume, for the next diet.  Yo Yo Dieting is just Boot Camp for Fat Cells.

My Fat Cells are putting up a really good defense right now.  They are building barricades, digging trenches, sandbagging and doing whatever they can to retain the fat they have stored in my butt cells.  I am responding with 12 glasses of liquids and flooding the cells, attempting to Flush some excess fat out of the cells. Sort of like the Mississippi River.  It's War.

I feel much better about this battle now that I fully understand what is happening on the battlefront.  Or the battle-rear, in my case.  The trick will be to keep these, soon to be empty, Fat Cells, empty from now on.  The only way to actually reduce the number of Fat Cells is liposuction.  They suck the cells out and you have less of them.  But I bet the ones they don't suck out are really pissed off.

3 comments:

Diane N said...

Having read this and as I am also dieting, I feel like we need to call in the Marines. Maybe they could do a strategic fat strike? Bomb the fat cells?

gema said...

I've heard that with lipo, the fat cells not sucked out, regroup in other places on your body and it could be anywhere!!!

I lost 11 lbs within the past 4weeks just working out. No dieting. I use my elliptical or crosstrainer as some call it almost daily for 40-45mins for a min of 600cals burned in the process.
It could probably be a faster project if only I could organise a diet but that I cannot wrap my mind around at the moment.
Maybe I'll go ahead and purchase the calorie counter I used on a trial.
I am with you on this journey, this time.
But the more I read about your diet, the more I realise that Atkins just followed the dietary recommendation for Diabetics and made himself a wealthy man.
It's kind of complicated and then it's not...in anycase I am now addicted to my elliptical trainer.

Carolyn aka Silkquilter said...

You're funny!