Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tootsie Roll Thursday

G went shopping today and brought home two bags of Tootsie Roll Midgees.  I've eaten six.  It takes me longer to open the wrappers on these tiny candies than it takes to chew and swallow them.  I thought they would be larger.  A serving is 13 pieces for 140 calories.  All sugar.

Today I was out in the perennial yard all day.  I didn't even water the greenhouse.  I had to sort, hunt down, package on trays, all the perennials we have left and get them ready to go back to the big greenhouse where they will spend the winter.  Some guys came and blew out the irrigation system today.  Winter is really arriving whether we want it to or not.  I had yogurt and fruit and cereal with soy milk for lunch.  Just right.

G and Riley have gone out to order takeout Chinese for dinner.  Today is the first day of G's "Four Day Weekend" and we haven't had any take out or restaurant food in a good long time.  He's tired and so am I. It's been a long week. I nearly fell asleep in the wonderful hot shower.

We had a gorgeous day today.  It was dark and very foggy this morning.  The only way I knew that traffic was oncoming was when I finally saw the headlights shining thru the fog.  It was like the clouds had come down to touch the earth.  It started warming up around 10:30 and by 2 it was sunny and very warm (70's). Tomorrow will be chilly and 55.

The election commercials and the robot phone calls are getting on my nerves.  Enough already.  We get several pieces of expensive mail from candidates each day.  Hope this is helping the US Postal Service pay it's bills because it is going, unread, straight from the mailbox into the garbage can.  And I hang up on the phone calls.  I used to waste my time saying I refused to vote for whomever was calling.  They don't care.  The callers are more than likely being paid per call or by the hour and have no interest in the candidate in any event.  I have even less interest.  The only thing I wish: that I was registered to vote in Ohio so I could vote AGAINST John Boehner.  This guy is never in Ohio and is living like a fat cat on special interest $$$'s.  You can't have a 365 day a year tan in Ohio.  Or is the orange really RUST?

I must make drinks.  The arrival of the take is imminent.

No comments: