Sunday, October 10, 2010

Corners Of My Home


The Couch.  Where we attempt to watch television each evening after work.  We sometimes turn off the television and read.  Much more successful at staying awake if we read.  The content is better able to hold our attention.  I switched the slipcovers while G vacuumed.  The white is now in the laundry pile and the denim is having it's season.  I faux painted those walls myself.  In a flurry of decorating enthusiasm that has never occurred again.

The AC unit has been removed and taken up to the attic storage space.  I have all the windows closed but refuse to turn on the heat.  All my potted plants are now inside the house.  Can Winter be far away?  I still have things to get into the ground.  I don't think it hit 32 last night as the plants in my boxes still look very good.  Scabiosa is blooming and the other things look very healthy.

I have the freezer filled with "on sale"chicken breasts to be made into Chicken Marsala, Parmesan Chicken Cutlets and grilled lemon garlic chicken.  And I purchased the first of many roasted deli turkey breast halves for dinner.  I have sweet potatoes roasting in the oven and the stuffing and gravy packets on the countertop waiting.  We are having a faux "thanksgiving dinner".  We have this meal three to six times before Thanksgiving Day.  It really is easy and delicious.  Sweet potatoes one time, mashed another.  The green vegetable will be broccoli tonight.  I am also making either Bean & Escarole or Kale & Tomato soup to have for lunch this week.  I had the last of the fruit and yogurt lunches yesterday.

I'm finishing up my third or fourth load of laundry (dog towels) and then have to do the bed sheets and iron shirts.  And find pants to wear to work.  I have been eating pretty steadily for 24 hours now--so have eaten my way out of nearly all my pants. Something is bothering me.  I can't figure out what. I eat when I feel overwhelmed or anxious.  Geez louise.  It could be anything at this point.

Remember I mentioned buying new underpants?  Two identical packages.  The same size.  The same brand.  And one set of six fits and one set of six is snug.  If I had purchased only one package would I have ended up with the set that fits or the smaller ones?  There was a third package at the store.  Do you think that set would have been too big?

2 comments:

Diane N said...

Your underpants story makes me laugh because I have had the same experience. It sounds like "Goldilocks and the Three Bears", doesn't it? These are too small, these are too big, these are just right!

I find the same thing true with jeans. I have three sizes of jeans in my closet, all the same style, all the same manufacturer, they all fit fine but they all have different size labels sewn into the waistband.

Go figure!

PS Please send diretions to your house as I'm sure I'm not the only reader who would love to come share in your pre-Thanksgiving!

dee said...

Yum! Count me in for the Turkey and sweet potatoes.
Don't know if it would help the underwear situation but I developed an allergy to elastic and was recommended to buy Jockey for women. They cost a bit more but the fit is great,the elastic is covered with cotton, and they wash beautifully forever. I get them at Macy's or Kohls.
Hope your day is a good one Joanne.