Thursday, October 07, 2010

Autumn Leaves Falling


I found this lovely Maple leaf while waiting for Riley to finish emptying his bladder after doggie day care. The paper under the leaf is from a vintage Selvages publication I found at last summer's book sale.  I am very much going to paint some fabric with those oval leaf shapes.

My day at work.  I decided to be happy about going to work today.  And I had a good day.  I will decide to be happy again tomorrow.  I don't know why this works, but it does.

The rice cooker is thumping and bubbling away as I type.  G will be having my leftover sweet and sour chicken and I will be having either the ratatouille or the vegan chili.  I could be having slices of potato bread from Wild Oats but G didn't think to buy a loaf of bread.  So I'll have rice.  I wish my Chinese take out place would make Sweet and Sour Crispy Tofu.  I really do not like chicken.  I would also like Cashew Crispy Tofu.  I have asked and they question my sanity.  Why you want that????? No.

The rice is nearly done.  Then I will place a cotton dish towel over the top of the cooker and put the lid back on.  It makes the rice a bit drier and stickier.  The way we like it.

I'm tired.  Sleepy from my hot shower.  I just want to eat dinner and climb over the dog (to get to my place on the couch) and either read or watch tv until I fall asleep.

No comments: