Friday, November 20, 2009

Winter Watercolor Model

Pears are way more interesting with their long necks and stems but I chose this nice pomegranate instead. I have to work on dulling the shiny surface. I had posed it on a nice soft nest of folded white cotton but the photos came out blurred. So you get just the pom and it's multi faceted shadow.

After work I'll go find my paper and paints. And brush roll. And set up a morning painting arrangement. Pears are easier to paint. This pom surface will be difficult and sooner than later, I will be cutting it open. The pom may have a secondary roll in my work. The surrounding areas may be more interesting to paint. We'll see. I'm intrigued.

Riley and I had a good day yesterday and a lovely walk. He really is a very sweet and intelligent dog. I love him. I never though I would say that about a dog. Remind me that I need some carpet thread to sew up the tummies on several of his toy animals.

It's raining (gusty, blowing rain) and I am going into work today. And the pants I am wearing are not pulled tight over my waist and they are not riding high in the back (if you know what I mean) so I am more comfortable than I have been in quite awhile. And these aren't the new baggy pants which I may return to Goodwill unaltered.

I am going to eat my breakfast, pack my soup up for lunch and take the dog to day care. I think it's going to be an excellent day.

My bowl today is open to optimistic thinking.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

Love the pom. Also love Riley!