Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Best Gift Ever

G brought home a few feet of construction fencing. For me. I have wanted some of this orange "art supply" ever since I first saw Jeanne Williamson's work in the Quilt National book several years ago. I have asked for a small piece at various construction sites and have been told "no". I have no idea how to use it, as I have never been this close to orange construction fencing, so I will just use it as the ideas come to me. I am very intrigued.

The sun is shining today. Yesterday was cold, dark, wet and blustery. Gusts of strong wind were hitting the greenhouse walls all day yesterday. It sounded like a war zone. No rain was dripping into the greenhouse from the roof. Not as cold as Friday. I was working with cold, wet wreaths all day. Making State of Maine wreaths, red bow wreaths, making decorated wreaths. For about an hour, the floral employee was standing next to me making bows. That was nice. I also got to pot up many new plants for happy customers. And I wished them happy holidays. It was a good day, but I was very tired when I got home and happy to still have turkey leftovers in the fridge for a quick, delicious dinner. I made fresh gravy. We had pie. I had a lovely, hot shower. Our son called to wish his dad a happy birthday and he made his father laugh. Wonderful.

I got an email from Art Club and we are scheduled to make cards on Tuesday evening. I have cards that need to be made. This sounds like a good meeting to attend and start working on my 10 cards. And then I can show them to you and mail them.

My pomegranate is getting soft. I may need to buy a new one. Or I can paint it as it rots and collapses onto itself in a puddle of red juices.

We're having toast for breakfast with coffee and the CBS Morning Show which I think is a collection of repeated stories. I have my new charcoal Orvis sweatshirt on. Thick and warm with kangaroo pockets to fill with kleenex or use to warm my hands. This is my first time wearing it. I may be too warm.

I have no idea what G and I will be doing today. The dog will need his walk. I have a movie I want to watch. Pride and Prejudice. I have my paints ready to use on the composting pom. And did I mention the sun was shining?

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I've always wanted some of that construction fencing too. I'm glad that some came your way. It's so interesting when we think of what makes us happy.

Deborah Boschert said...

Jeez... I didn't know. I could have indulged your desired years ago. Can't wait to see what you do with it.