Sunday, November 22, 2009

On Sunday We Vacuum and Iron and Shop

Yes, indeed. G got all the dog hair up and I starched his work week shirts. G also had seen a small note I wrote in my notepad next to the phone. "I want to go to the Art Supply". So we did.

I purchased black gesso (and white) because Yellow Daisy wrote telling me (and everyone who reads) that I would love black gesso. Roz mentioned her Pentel brush pen. The AS (art supply) does not carry Pentel anything so I purchased a different, but still lovely, brand. In black. I'm hoping there is magical drawing ability built into the pen. A new watercolor brush from Germany (with magical painting ability, built in). Dye for the Goodwill cashmere sweater in yucky golden beige. The dye is olive which should turn the golden beige sweater (and a bunch of fabric) a lovely yellowish olive green which I particularly like. And two SQUARE watercolor pads. I thought the Pom would look especially good painted on a square pad since the Pom is very round. I also got a traveling journal suitable for low moisture watercolor. No wet in wet.

I did not purchase the watercolor gouache set for $47. Nor the Magnani Annigoni 100% rag paper with wool flecks. AS is rather pedestrian when it comes to Italian paper. No glue sticks at AS either. And I didn't get the Quattro graph paper because I could not think why I wanted it. No handmade journals at AS.

Then we went next door to the bakery and I had a sample chunk of Pumpkin Wheat with a big scoop of soft honey butter. The butter scoop was only big when in proportion to the sample of bread which was small. My pants are finally getting looser and I don't want to mess this up, again.

Did I tell you that G took apart his morning bagel toaster oven on Wednesday? It wasn't doing the usual infrared thing where it blinds you with this intermittent red glow while toasting the bagel. So G took the oven completely apart (something that isn't meant to happen in the home). And then the oven was reluctant to be reassembled. Yes, we'll say that. Eventually, it did get back together but still no blinding red infrared glow.

Friday evening, while very tired and eating pizza and reading the paper, I noticed that Big Lots had the exact same oven/toaster for sale (how often does THAT happen?), so G went out this morning and purchased a NEW infrared oven. And plugged it in to make sure it glows. "Well, that's your birthday gift", I said, because I noticed the ad in the paper, and all.

We also went out to eat and had the most obnoxious waiter in the world. He kept coming over and wanting to be best friends. I bet he is always begging strangers to let him be their friend on Facebook. We gave him a small tip and I wrote on the receipt that he needs to work on his service skills and dial it down on the happy chatting. He even complimented me on the crayon drawing I did of three jam jars on the paper table covering.

This week we will be drawing names for the Secret Santa gift exchange at work. I like everyone at work but some will be easier to shop for than others. We'll see what happens. $15. I had to call into work to find out what my schedule is for the week. See. I was THAT tired. Didn't even check the schedule.

My post is much more upbeat today, huh? That's because all the "other stuff" is now safely in the written journal. I discovered I haven't written in my journal since September 14th. So I went looking for it and now have the journal out where I can get to it, along with scissors and a glue stick for the little paper collages I put on the left hand pages, (verso)? I am adding my new brush pen to the glue stick and scissors.

I feel really bouncy and wonder if that "friendly waiter" gave me the caffeine free diet Coke?

No comments: