Sunday, October 25, 2009

Early Sunday Morning

I fell asleep, while watching a chef roast a chicken in maple syrup, last night. On the couch. Woke up at 11:30 and went to bed. I have been "taking advantage" of working the afternoon shift and have been staying up later at night. And, in doing that, have messed up my sleep patterns. So I'm up early on Sunday morning.

It's not raining. Yet. The lawn is covered with golden yellow leaves. The darker, thicker brown leaves of the oaks are still on the trees. My rigorous removal of white pines from my yard has also decreased the amount of pine needles. My pumpkin is on the front porch.

I checked my TiVo line up for West Wing (and read the little blurbs about each episode) so I was correct in thinking Leo dies and Santos is elected president. I have 14 episodes in my future. And the BEST news is that after all this, the very first episode (pilot) from 1999 is scheduled. I missed the first year. So I am VERY happy.

I plan to work on my circles and squares, do laundry, iron shirts and possibly go out for Mexican food. I think the Patriots are playing so we may have to rethink the Mexican food. G will walk the dog and take a nap. I will also pay bills and balance the checkbook. And read my neighbor's New York Times. We are collecting her papers while she is gone for a few days and she lets us read them.

My bowl today is available for anything that comes it's way. Or nothing.

1 comment:

dee said...

I'll join you in reading the Times except mine's on-line.
I just read yesterday's doings and thought to myself that if I had so little going on in life that I went to learn(LEARN???) how to carve pumpkins, perhaps it would be time for new meds(har)....OR, conversely, maybe the new meds had kicked in a little too strong. Sorry, I can't help myself.
I like your collection of scraps there...what's up with those???
We have a new Mexican place not far that has the best food-not that crap that passes for mexican- the real deal. I could eat the sopas & ropa vieja everyday...drat, now I'll think about that all day.