Sunday, March 30, 2008

More Erasers

I spent my last three dollars on another package of polymer erasers so I could make 8 more letters for my alphabet. I will cut the erasers into 2/3 and 1/3 sections so I can use the bigger piece for the tall letters and the small section for the small, squat letters. I'm wondering if my "i" will be a tall or squat stamp. Depends on the size of the dot. Or DOT. I was thinking of using the wider "magic" erasers for the "w" and the "m".

My collage from Friday. This is a photocopy of a school photograph my mother took. She must have come into school one day and took a picture of me with my teacher. Could have been my birthday. I look pretty excited (for me) and I have on what looks like a new dress. For the collage I cut out the dress shapes and placed a cute piece of fabric under the paper. The dress was blue, but not this cute. I was eight.

The sun is shining today. I was reading my journal from March 2006 and there was a warm day when I had the top down on my car. And, oddly enough, I was pissing and moaning about the same crap as I am in 2008. The bills, the checkbook, and the taxes still not done. And the entries in my journal were way more interesting than the pages of dreck I am penning this spring. I have been tempted to just tear huge bunches of pages out of the journal. Better yet, I will fill the remaining pages with pretty pictures from magazines and move on to the next journal--- a new, red covered book. Red. The color for 2008. Angry, sexy, full of life.

I have decided NOT to think, plan or contemplate renovating my kitchen. I can maybe get new appliances someday, if needed, but it's a good straightforward kitchen with custom cabinets and the whole thing was built "on site" so taking any part of it away--you end up damaging everything. Cherry. And it works well for cooking. How many can say that? So instead of a new, hardwood floor we will glue the loosened "beta" Pergo flooring to the subfloor and be done with it. This is 22 year old, real wood, laminate. Everyone thinks it's just real wood. And it is bleaching out nicely in the sun.

What I really need is a wonderful, modern master bath with a walk-in shower. Glass tiles in a seafoam green or sky blue. After 22 years of waiting, it may just be time.

I wrote this at noon and then my internet connection disappeared but the post was saved in draft form, so now I'm finishing it. In the hours since, I found about a dozen packages of erasers I had purchased and in reading that 2006 journal, I read the entry where I had purchased them. Like 2 years to this very date. Spooky.

And I found my multi colored stamp pads and my permanent ink stamp pad. The only really interesting thing was that the erasers I found were in a container that held everything I had bought or found on the trip to Georgia in March 2006. Sort of a time capsule. Stuff I thought I HAD to have and really never thought of again when it was lost. Until today, when I found it.

What I'm Doing Today: Jane Austen on PBS. Reading "The Other Boleyn Girl"-- Anne isn't Queen yet. Isn't dead yet. Now I want to read more about the Tudors. wonder if this author did anymore on them? Will check. Still have the bills to pay!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

That author has and I have all of them! I like her because she avoids modern lingo like the other authors fall into, bugs the crap out of me. Those 15/16th century people's verbal shorthand is nothing like ours today so DON'T use it! Just sayin' I got other Tudor covering authors if you're interested...