Thursday, March 29, 2007

One Week Down

My Clivia is blooming. We are usually away visiting my friend in Georgia when this plant blooms but we are here to enjoy it this year. Isn't it gorgeous?

Reny is doing great, I think. But I don't know anything about dogs so I have no expectations. We got through the "honeymoon" or "nightmare" first week--depends on who I talk to about their experiences. Reny wasn't getting enough rest and getting hyper and aggressive. So now he gets a long nap a couple times a day in his crate. We're all happier. While he naps, we get to shower and change clothes, eat lunch or dinner, or actually prepare a meal, do laundry etc. Bedtime is 8:30 and he's asleep pretty quick. We have to wake him up to potty at 11 and 3 am and then it's breakfast and a new day by 7 am.

He Sits. Comes when we call. And learned Down today. Can Fetch a toy when he feels like it. He also goes to the door when he needs to go OUT. One or two tiny whimpers when he goes into the crate but he's asleep within minutes. We are having issues with the leash. He just sits when we use it. Won't budge. I've waited 5 to 10 minutes and he doesn't move. I unhook the leash and he may or may not move. He also likes to hold part of the leash in his mouth. If I let him do that--he'll walk.

He likes to look outside. And sit on the back porch in the sun and chase leaves around the yard. When will he catch sight of his first squirrel?

Had a Bone Density Test today and got weighed. I've lost 25 pounds in 13 weeks. Guess I need to buy a new pair of pants!

3 comments:

dee said...

wow-our clivia must be a bit slow. It only blooms outdoors in the late spring early summer. Ours is also not as deep in color as yours. I think it's pot-bound. It's really lovely.
congrats on the weight loss-go girl.
mmmmpuppy love

PaMdora said...

I can't believe you've lost that much this fast! You don't need new pants, you DESERVE new pants! Your puppy is a doll too!

Georgia friend said...

Reny is so very cute - it ALMOST makes me want to get a puppy. Talk to you Thurs nite.