Thursday, March 15, 2007

Everything Old Is New Again

Yesterday was a very depressing day for me. I had a "healthy" granola bar for lunch and everything went downhill from there. There must have been too much sugar in the thing even though it said it was a protein bar--and I crashed. Hard. Hungry. Depressed. Angry. Ready to Quit. I wanted french fries.

So we went to the BBQ restaurant (I was prepared to give up) and I had..... steamed carrots and zucchini with my BBQ. And two glasses of water. It was so very spicy and yummy and now everything is okay with my world except it's raining and I wanted to walk today.

I even tried on a shirtdress from the 90's and guess what--it fit! So I'm wearing it to work. Fitted waist. Denim. Like going back in time almost 20 years. I'll have to drag through the dresser drawer to find some pantyhose to wear with it. Yikes! Do I even have SHOES to wear with stockings?

G has gone to a kennel in Buxton to look at a six month old Lab puppy. He says he isn't bringing home a dog today. Don't they always say that? So I'm going to get busy clearing a spot in the kitchen for a dog bed just in case. Or for a dog crate.

And then I'm going to work. With a whole wheat and low fat cheese sandwich instead of a granola bar. Otherwise there may be a news flash of an incident at the public library. "Library worker goes over counter/Takes offense with Patron's Attitude" "Well, Where *Is* The Book?" Had one yesterday. She said "Where IS the book?" three or four times. Slow, slower, slowest. Like if she said it enough times (while making eye contact) all of a sudden I'd say "Oh!" That book.... it's right here!" NOT! My husband suggested I should have leaned toward her and said VERY, VERY slowly. The. Book. Is. Not. Here. Yet.

3 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I'm happy today will be better.

Puppy!? So exciting.

dee said...

Joanne, You're a scream-my librarian friend is going to a meeting today on "Violence in the workplace" I asked her if it was violence against patrons or the other way around. It's leaning heavily in the direction of the librarians arming themselves. People are sooooo ruuuude-like they were raised by wolves. Arm yourself!

Deborah Boschert said...

I have noticed a very unattractive air of "entitlement" lately. I went out to dinner with a ton of women last week. Several of them were so rude to the waiter for no good reason. So ugly. I left a big tip.