Friday, March 09, 2007

Still Slogging Away

Got all 500 plus Dresden Plate wedges, WU'd, traced and cut out. Have scissors, thread, needles, iron, ironing pads. 12.5 inch fabric squares cut and batting is cut.

I need to make a trip to Joann's for some insignificant safety pins. All my helpers (and myself) are hopelessly attached to our own safety pins and cannot bear to be parted from them for the length of the class or face the probability of the kid's taking them home. So new safety pins. While there I may look and see if they have any of the Fons and Porter utility quilting needles. If I had purchased enough before-- I would be able to give each child a needle to carry home so they can continue working. And I want one or two for myself.

Binding. To bind or not to bind. Do we have time? Is it doable? Do I take the sewing machine and try to sew binding on all the blocks?

The advertising for this activity is all wrong. They have it listed as "Children's Quilting" this week and "Beginning Quilting" next week. No way is this Beginning Quilting. This is just a fun activity that uses fabric and thread to make something cute.

Just got the news that someone at the library will carry 8 tables into the meeting room for me. I had no idea how I was going to do that by myself. I promise to take pictures.

Last night our quilt chapter had the annual UFO Auction. I was so pleased with myself as I had no UFO's to donate and did not bid on anything. I did go home with two large bags of scrap fabric though. Everyone knows I'm a sucker for free bags of fabric scraps. To get rid of scrap fabric, the auction person was bundling the "good" stuff with books, patterns and bags of scraps. The winning bidder would collect the UFO bundle and drop the scraps off at my chair on the way past. So thoughtful!

No comments: