Friday, April 06, 2007

It's a Dog Day

My new dog and my new shoes. And thank goodness I have these shoes! I've been outside more than ever and up before 6 am. This is so NOT my comfort zone. At least G is taking all the 3 am potty calls.

Each day begins between 6 and 7. I make G's breakfast and pack his lunch and watch the dog while G eats and gets ready for work. Then Reny and I do stuff. Chew toys. Chew bones. Chew me. Go outside. Come inside. Go outside. If he pees he gets a treat. Needs to go out to pee 47,000 times a day. And while outside--why not chew on some trees, rhodie leaves, my pants and various rocks and stones.

I have him locked in the crate twice a day. The first nap is when I shower and get on some fresh (undog) clothes. I also do some laundry. I have been cutting, trimming and sewing some little 9.5 blocks for a Friendship Quilt for a fellow quilter with newly discovered leukemia and chemo treatments. I made one block all wrong and have remade it twice--still wrong!!!! The second nap is when I watch some television and read blogs (HA!). The second nap is iffy. It's also when I normally get ready for and go to work.

Can I admit to REALLY LOVING my job lately? Now that my job is a reason for leaving the dog behind at home--I LOVE going to work. But I do have to remember to spray myself with Febreze before since G and I smell very doggie.

Reny is loving the Spring Snow and he is romping over and into all of it. So he is WET. My floors are filthy. But Reny doesn't mind the vacuum so I can pick up the big stuff every few days. He is a very nice dog. Growing larger by the minute, hour and day. 13 weeks and 25 pounds. Stout as they say in Maine.

G and I are exhausted. We've Tivo'd everything and hope to be able to stay awake to watch our programs is a few months.

What is everyone making for Easter dinner?

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I caught Lincoln up on the dining room table today. Not good. Still cute though... just like Reny!

Flank steak, green beans with almonds, dilly bread, fruit salad (maybe) and chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse drizzled with ganache.

Sonji Hunt said...

He's just beautiful. I have started making my dog's food after this dog food scare. Even though she didn't partake of any of the tainted products, I just don't even want to tempt fate. My husband has been cooking the meat part. Yucky. But, she needs it. I add the rice and veggies. She loves it. All of our pups can dine with us.