Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Nineteen Days

Nineteen Days. And our whole world has changed. His too. We brought home a fat, rambunctious baby and taught him to "sit", "come", and pee outside (not in the house). And now we have an almost 3 month old dog (Friday the 13th) who weighs 29.5 pounds and couldn't fit on any size lap. He also was allowed to sleep through the night. G also was allowed to sleep through the night for the first time in 19 days. G even had to wake Reny up at 7:15 this morning. Reny is napping now.

Isn't he just the sweetest thing? He looks at us with such devotion. I read somewhere that dog owners worked hard to always "deserve" the love and devotion of their dog. I can feel that now.

There he is at his window. He looks out over his yard and barks at all the robins digging for worms in the flower beds. We haven't had the "squirrel" moment yet but he has seen the deer visiting (and leaving even more deer poop for him to eat (ick)).

Now that Reny is becoming a "good dog" we'll only post his pictures when he is unbearably cute or handsome. This is my first dog and I am quite gobsmacked by him. Didn't expect that.

I managed to get our taxes done--on the fourth try-- I kept making beginner mistakes but in the end it was okay. A refund from the feds and a check for the state. I really hate sending money to the state of Maine. It's just wasted. Idiots.

Got my teeth cleaned yesterday. Made soup today (German Linsensuppe). So the decks are cleared for some "ART" while there is still snow on the lawn.

When the snow melts I have to start in painting the house shutters. I put it off for two years now and the house would look much better with green shutters. I was hoping Kay would visit and help with the burn pile and the shutter painting but she went and started working and is going to Zurich for training. She invited her husband to go to Zurich with her. I would have been a MUCH better choice!!! I do love the veal in cream sauce with Rosti potatoes.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

I like the quote: Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

You are a dog person! Welcome to the club.