Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Deep Waters

It's still raining here in Maine. Will it ever stop? The side yards, low spots, are full of water this time of year, but this year there is so much more water and it is deeper. Good thing the pup likes deep water. My daffodils keep wanting to flower but then it snows again and they back up and wait. Nothing else even has buds. This picture is from March when it was warm and sunny.

My horoscope for today:
It's time to get more analytical about your emotional life. Examine your past patterns -- some people you've banished from your life share certain traits, and today you'll be in a good frame of mind to see these traits and understand their importance for the first time. Your own life is worthy of study -- your habits, your likes and dislikes, your goals -- all of these elements combine to create the person you are. Understanding them better will help you become the person you want to be.

Funny that the word banish was used. As that is exactly what I do. My mother as a prime example. She was so toxic to me that in order to save myself, I had to banish her. Do I really want to examine her behaviour? I worked so hard to get past the mean, hurtful, abusive and damaging things my mother had done to me from the very beginning. She felt her life would have been better if I had never been born. A mother's love.

Anyway, yesterday I got a call from a friend in California. She is also losing weight. But she is using Medifast and has lost 37 pounds in 14 weeks. I'm very proud of her. And she is sending me some of her larger clothes for me to wear now. So sweet.

I'm wondering if this weight loss thing is cosmic. Like syncronicity or however it is spelled. When thoughts are free wheeling through the universe and they "stick" to people who are receptive but pass over people who aren't open to them. Deepak Choprah thinks that the Impressionist movement may have been one of those universal things that stuck to artists ready for something new. How else to explain how so many (living quite far from each other) were painting in this new way, suddenly, without technology to spread the images.

Well, breakfast is over and Reny is asleep under the table so I guess I'll go and try to stitch a few blocks together--after changing the thread in the bobbin. Oy!

2 comments:

dee said...

the mother thing gave me goosebumps-we can trade stories sometime...no wonder I feel a kindred spirit. I've found that it's a little like radar. My two best friends have had serious mother issues as well. We all have the same weight,and worthiness issues...spooky. One of them says we can sense it in others.

Teresa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The wedding was wonderful and I am glad you liked the photos.