Sunday, November 12, 2023

Winter Notes- even if it's warm, sunny and not a bit Wintery. Sunday, November 12th


 So....nothing new here.  Each day seems like all the others of my 77 years.....quiet.  Solitude. Son keeps to himself upstairs....comes down every so often to eat or get the car keys and go find lunch.... He has gotten into the habit, living alone, of eating out every other day..at least that's how it looks to me.

Reminding me of his father... habits learned working "on the road" so to speak for years  and years. The Hummel figurine I bought for husband in Germany was Traveling Man.  The little guy had his suitcase and an umbrella and was walking..... always walking. Away.

The little Hummel I bought for me was a little girl on a stool sewing with a cat by her feet.  Waiting?

I have my moments...getting thru the emotions of this new existence.  Not many.  I've actually been living alone for most of my 77 years....so how is this really any different? It's not.  There is just paperwork...I haven't even begun the process of the paperwork.......starting with Social Security. 

This is when I wish I had a STAFF.  People I could hand things off to and they would do the running around........I made an appointment to have my eyes examined.....and that's been it.

Even reading...isn't as wonderful right now...but it could just be my choice of reading matter...

I did a load of laundry...most of it from husband's closet clean out....Stuff I might wear. A flannel robe.  A sweater.  Now....Oatmeal or Toast for breakfast?

2 comments:

beverly said...

The funeral home notifies social security once a death certificate is issued. I called the Social Security office closest to me and have a phone interview next week. So far it has been going smoothly. I hear you on the sleeping I am catching up on at least 12 years of sleepless nights. About the hair, I had really long hair and if I did not comb it out everday it was a mess. Had my son shave my head one New Years Day and its been shaved ever since. I love it. It has grown out abit which ok winter coming.

Our eye doctor moved during covid so I have to find new place for my son and myself. Lots of doctors are not taking new patients. My doctor that I would visit for yearly wellness checks is leaving in December so I have a new one with the same clinic. This has happened three times now.

Take care of you,
Beverly

Joanne S said...

thank you, I will call the closest office- which might be one of two in the entire state of Maine.
I didn't know about the notification with death certificates...... makes good sense.

I was considering very short hair that I could cut myself....sigh.
It's getting bushy and very curly. Which would be doable with plenty of gel. I don't like the POOF.