Thursday, January 03, 2019

Daily Notes- January 3rd


Icy streets yesterday and today snowfall.  G slipped and fell going out for the morning paper.  If I had been the one up early--I would have fallen but the huge (long) black wool coat I wear in Winter--would have protected me as it did when a rambunctious puppy (Riley) years ago would suddenly pull me sideways on an icy patch.  Going down was easy--getting up was tricky.

G's driving to Lewiston now for a doctor's appointment--(unrelated to the fall).  Riley got no walk--is sad but stretched out nearby, napping.  He'll do that while he hears the keyboard keys tapping.  Knows where I am.  And my desk chair makes a certain sound when I am leaving it. Squeaky.

I stayed up late to read- "If I Could Turn Back Time"  book about a woman going back in Time to her 18th birthday (at 38) and seeking answers to why her life is unhappy.  Beth Harbison.  New to me. I couldn't find anything to read and two of this authors books were on the re-shelving cart--looking light and easy with cute covers.  I also have Anne Tyler's newest from the 7 day shelf-- got to decide whether to read or return it.  I lost interest when she stopped writing about those crazy families living in Baltimore.

Things I am thinking about:  Starting seeds for leeks.  They take forever to germinate and grow.  Random Acts of Kindness. Are there rules? Whether walnut shells will make a colored dye bath and do the shells need to boil for a long time to release any color?  Why 300 (or more) elected congressional professionals can't do something about a president who is unfit to serve. If it's okay to eat lunch two hours after eating breakfast.  Why I have decided that adding buttons to a failing sewing project is my new "go to" solution.

Riley is barking and woofing--the Town has sent out a BIG dump truck of salted sand for the street out front.  Riley will be serving in a voluntary supervisory capacity during the operation.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I know the answers to few of life's questions, but I do know that it's ok for me to eat lunch two hours after eating breakfast. So, it's probably ok for you too.