Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Daily Notes- November Fourteen


It's Charlie's 72nd birthday today--and birthdays remind me of my favorite birthday meal-- Pot roast. Served with mashed potatoes and coleslaw.  Not that I had any of those things on my actual birthday. I forgot.

I am losing track of Time.  Of Celebratory Days.  Is that a sign of something?

A Reader reminded me that Thanksgiving is next week.  I associate that holiday with G's birthday which is two weeks away.  He was born on Thanksgiving Day.  In time for Dinner.

Today is the exact opposite of yesterday.  Today it is dry and the sun is shining brightly. Not warmer but seemingly warmer because of the dry conditions and the sunshine.  G and Riley have gone off on their daily walk.  Riley was very eager to get going.  Dancing around with impatience. No raincoats needed.  They are both wearing hunter orange so no one shoots them by mistake.  Hunting Season.

I am washing and drying another batch of used tea bag papers.  Planning someday to stitch them by machine into a surface (backed by a single piece of cloth) and then.....well, I am thinking of a line drawing of something; perhaps a Botanical drawing.  Embroidered in tea stained DMC floss or  maybe even black DMC floss.   Or Deb's Magical Thread.  The papers dry into a sturdy transparent fiber.

Today--since the sun is shining--- I am going up into the Magic Attic to look for my Santa Claus yardage.   I am thinking of making special holiday placemats for the table.  Connie has sent me a Santa Charm Pack for the annual potholders but since my sphere of casual associates is shrinking-perhaps the Charm Pack will become placemats as well as a few potholders.  I have a black background fabric with Santa's clothing covering the surface.  His jacket, hat, pants, boots etc. That will be fun to have under our plates for the month of December.

And the Tree.  And the Porch Wreaths.  Harry has asked that we have the wreaths up with lots and lots of lights.  He and his grandmother drive down the street to look at the "big circles" every night of Christmas.  We can't disappoint Harry.

Another call this morning from a whisper voice saying "grampa?"  There should be a very hot place in Hell for the people who make these calls.  They pretend to be in trouble and ask for wired money so they can get home.  G gave the kid on the phone a piece of his mind--but the caller hung up fast.

No comments: