Friday, November 16, 2018

Daily Notes-- November 16


Snow Day.   Not this much--only about 4 inches.  Maybe 6.

G is bundled up like a stuffed turkey against the cold--Riley --wearing what he wears in all four seasons.

I used this old picture because it is Riley 100%.  A True Snow Dog.

Flakes are still falling.  The Snow Blower is still at Chad Little being "tuned up" so we'll see what happens next as they say.

Riley was interested in being outdoors yesterday after  his walk--serendipity as they say--and I got all the pots that needed to be emptied taken care of, some plants in to overwinter in the upstairs bathtub (adjacent to Magic Attic) and sadly, noticed a very nice crop of leeks--frozen solid in the garden bed. Oh, well.  They hadn't been doing anything and now suddenly they had grown in the cooler weather of October and early November.  I will remind myself of this for next season.  There was also a "solar dyeing" experiment in a big jar that went no where.  So I emptied it, washed the jar and the still  uncolored cloth and will try again with something else.  I didn't want the jar to freeze and crack.

We've had a great deal of rain lately and now the hard freeze--so the Earth is hard and frozen. I was reading a blog post from someone who had visited Maine this past week and walked on many of our beaches.  I have lived here nearly 28 years and walked on NONE of Maine's beaches.  Why?  I have no idea.  Nor have I visited the national parks.  Perhaps that is something I can do with my daughter in the coming years.

No comments: