Monday, November 19, 2018

Daily Notes- November 19


This morning was like this.  The plows and shovels cleaned the sidewalks and streets. In Town, where there are more people, cars and buildings--it's warmer--with less snow.  My Coffee Date Friend came by to get me in her car and we did her errands together.  Then stopped for a coffee.  We'd never done that before--and it was nice.

Riley was eager to get outside.  Eager to roll in the snow.  Dig for hidden things--even when there is nothing to find.  I shoveled the walks and edges of the driveway.  G used the snowblower--faster but never as neat as hand shoveling the edges.

I took apart the Goodwill skirt. The first item I have ever seen or touched from apostrophe.  Made in India of 100% cotton--printed there as well.   It was the print--especially the back side--which made me want it--at first sight.  It was one of those moments in Time.  I need to notice them more.  I was walking and out of the corner of my eye I saw the printed fabric--out of place--not where fabric is, or a skirt.  I just saw it, touched it and put it into my cart.  Seconds.  I can't wait for the pieces of it that I have already washed --to be dry.

It is full dark here in Maine at 4 pm.  In Germany these were the Dark Days.  The days when we felt cut off from the World.  No internet.  Our families didn't write letters.  No library of English language books.  No Amazon.  Television was iffy.  And it was produced by the American Military stationed in Germany.  We learned how to be safe driving a tank under power lines.

G is reading.  Riley is snoring.  My eyes are tired from cutting stitches on so many seams.

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

what will it become? I love Indian cotton, but never thought to refashion/or re-use it
because, by the time I'm done with a garment, it's really done.

Joanne S said...

It is new cloth and it will become something. Something I see everyday--as the printed pattern makes me very happy.