Thursday, November 08, 2018

Daily Notes- November Eight


A Food Mill.

I feel like the past 24 hours plus has run me through the mill multiple times.

The rush of happiness as WOMEN won seats (multiple seats) in the House.  All varieties of WOMEN.  Even an immigrant from Somali.  "One of those ****hole countries".  Thank the Good Lord. And American Indian. And Gay.  And Fighter Pilot. And CIA covert operative.

The Total Blindsided Ignorance of the President.  His press conference.  His firing of the Attorney General.  Even the texture of his orange peel skin ...........

Anyway.  Here in Maine a new Democratic Governor.  A Woman.  Who believes in health care, new roads and bridges and clean water.  God love her.  And Senator King.  Independent.

I had my semi-annual visit to my Pulmonary doctor.  No change.  Not worse.  Super sized flu shot.

And I visited the wonderful fabric shop down the road from the doctor's office.  I had two unfinished small tops that needed borders and sashing.  I had nothing that worked in the Magic Attic.  I just handed the two pieces over to Betsy the owner of the shop and she went to work.  They are going to be amazing. One pieced by Beverly--unfinished before she moved up to Heaven.  One was made out of Beverly's scrap basket by me. Very scrappy and I used every bit.  Tiny stars. Tiny bits of Bev.  Which I will keep forever.

And they will be hand quilted.  That's what Bev would have done.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Your whole post makes me happy! Thank you.