Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Now This Is A Fat Tree--The Way I Like Them


This tree looks like it gloriously fills up a room.  Love it.

The sun is shining.  Our daughter has car trouble and it will involve two cars, a tow truck and the Honda repair shop.  A saga.  G will need to drive to her work and bring her home this evening.

We are all set with AAA and Honda for a smooth transfer.  She will have the use of my car until hers is repaired--and it's a holiday--so she could have my car for awhile.

Not the way I wanted to have fewer cars in our garage--but it's workable.

I just put some Southern pork ribs in the oven with brown sugar, garlic and cayenne pepper--also 1.5 cups of cider vinegar.  Makes for some delicious pulled pork.  We'll have it with potato gnocchi and sauerkraut browned with onions and caraway seeds.  The recipe says the food is done in 2.5 hours but I find it's better at 3.5 or 4 hours.  The first two hours with the lid on and the remainder with the lid off.  I like my pork to have a "crispy" edge.

Since the pork is in the oven--cookies will be put on hold.

No comments: