Thursday, December 08, 2016

Baby, It's Cold Outside!


Thursday.  Day off.  Day I usually walk with my walking buddy.  But we aren't .  She says it's too cold.  So I did a bit of trimming on the bottom of the tree.  Now I can see the stand.  A new, sturdy one.  No danger of the tree tipping over like last year--when I had to tie it to the fireplace wall--with garden tomato ties.

Today we are (I am) going to put the tiny white lights on the tree and make "magic" happen.  Turn a normal green evergreen tree into a Christmas Tree.

I've gotten two Christmas Cards already.  Four if we count the card from our investment banker and the newspaper delivery person.  I am "on the fence" regarding a handmade card.  I found a beautiful commercial card and really want to send it out.  Need to decide.

I also have to move my little sewing workshop over to the couch in front of the television.  So I can watch and stitch my little bees and my little snowmen.  I am on the fence regarding the buttons on the snowman.  Do I want cutesie hearts or just normal mismatched black buttons.  Most of my childhood snowmen had rocks for buttons.  I put these little things on the tops of gifts--instead of bows.

My amaryllis collection (rather like a box of mistakes and throw aways) is now potted up.  I'll have flowers in February but that's okay with me.  Some of these overwatered mistakes have no roots others(saved last year) have huge roots thanks to my letting them summer in the vegetable garden.  I am giving them a second chance at "life".  I am not allowed to put up signs at work that say "don't water these".  So they get watered.  And watered.  And watered.  And on the three days I work, I repot them in dry soil.  I'm just doing it to make myself feel better.  Some--the ones that are rootless and squishy-- are gifts to my compost pile.

Today is the Dawn of a New Dietary Rule.  Drum Roll, Please.

 Two hours between the ingesting of any new food and the food before.  So I had breakfast toast.  Waited 2 hours for reflux--none (safe).  Then I had Noosa honey yogurt.  Waited 2 hours.  No reflux.  (safe)  Then (just now) I had a square of Spelt Corn Bread.  Waiting.......  Yesterday I had the same line up without waiting periods. ONLY I had Split Pea Soup with the corn bread and there wasn't 2 hours between foods..  Wicked bad reflux.  Like battery acid.  At this point in time my money is on the split pea soup being the problem.  But it's early to call the Spelt Corn Bread a winner unless I want to have to do a recount.  I set my oven timer so the two hour wait is accurate.

G is taking me to a Cooking Store today to select my Christmas Presents from him.  That way I get exactly what I want.  He says if I wait much longer to go to the store--they won't have what I want and he'll have to back order it and--well, then I get my gift in February like last year (no where near Valentines Day, either).

I went thru the closet again.  The red stripe top is still missing.  I held up clothing and asked "does this spark joy?" and now have a big bag to drop off at Goodwill. Yes, I have THAT book.




No comments: