Monday, September 12, 2016

How Can I Make Sense of The World We Live In Now


The world is a difficult--different--place than I am used to.  I don't quite know how to deal with it.  I know that any change begins with ONE.  Yourself.  How can I make a difference?

There are days when I feel hopeful.  But more days that I feel like something really horrible is about to happen.  Something we will all regret but have to survive.  Does it have to do with 9/11?  Does remembering that day make us more afraid?

Anyway that is where my mind and my heart is these quiet September days.  Worrying.  What Virgo does better than any other sign.

I am also wondering what to eat.  There is plenty in the fridge but none of it quite "goes together" to make a meal.  I may set some rice to cooking in the rice cooker.  Rice seems to help things go together.  Pasta is another item that helps odd items to come together into something tasty.

My garden.  It's tired and rather sad looking.  I will miss it.

Me.  Had a teeth cleaning appointment with the dentist.  It hurt.  They want me to get a crown.  I worry it will hurt.  Will it?

The peaches I bought for smoothies--well, when I cut them open there was mold growing on the pit. Inside the peach.  I have never seen that before.  So--no peaches in the smoothie and it doesn't taste as good.

I return to work on Wednesday.  Ambivalent.

No comments: