Sunday, September 18, 2016

Everything In It's Place: A Virgo Birthday


I often have a good hardy laugh when I read about the Virgo trait of perfection.  I have "perfect" thoughts but my house isn't perfect, tidy, or even clean most of the time.  Like today.  My Birthday.

I am Seventy Years Old Today.

Well, that's something isn't it.  I don't feel old.  Inside I am somewhere in my 40's I think.  Perhaps younger.  I read somewhere that if you want to have fun--wake a sleeping person and yell "how old are  you?" before they are fully awake.  The answer is the true age we hold in ourselves.

No birthday cake.  No chocolate candy.  I am hoping for Nachos.  And perhaps a Margarita. When I returned from a long 9 hour day at work yesterday I asked if there was a pile of birthday cards in the mail?  G said no.  So, I took a much needed shower, sat on the couch trying not to fall asleep and then went with G and the dog to get a medium vanilla cone at Dairy Queen.  No dinner.

This morning my son's call from Vancouver woke me.  We talked for 90 minutes.  I am so thankful that I am the kind of mom that can talk to her grown son about a range of topics for that long.  With both of us having so much to say and share.  And I am shocked that he was awake that early!!!!!

My horoscope mentioned this being a year of significant turning points.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

diane said...

Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

MariMo said...

Wishing you the happiest birthday ever!