Monday, December 12, 2011

Pieces Of Christmas

I collected the "fresh cuts" from the Christmas Tree Yard yesterday.  I collected some on Friday for a coworker.  She and her kids were going to make Charlie Brown Trees.  Drill a hole in the wood chunk, find a white pine branch (preferably droopy) and insert branch into hole.  Add a red ornament.  The guy in the tree yard (the one who helped sort out my tire pressure) made a really good CBTree and several customers wanted to buy it.  We figured he could have made $50 selling CBTrees at $5 each.  But he didn't.

I brought home these planter pots with holes all around.  Good for repotting my cymbidium orchids which are pushing the sides out of the pots they are in.  They would appreciate me removing dead stuff and freshening up their wood chips.  And feeding them some high Phosphate fertilizer.

The sun is finally shining.  Riley has been in and out three times now.  Very busy.

G and I had a chat about my concerns.  He says the tiredness is more from stress and nerves.  His day at work is difficult.  On the one hand he is supposed to provide excellent product and service.  On the other he is supposed to be cutting labor.  As I have said before, it's a tiny restaurant.  Not much room for "wiggle" when it comes to labor.  And he is working with teens and 20 somethings.  They have a different view of "employment" than management has.  But he has agreed to seek a medical opinion.  G does enjoy visiting the doctor.  I do not.

I have been wondering what to wear to Florida in January for our vacation.  I don't think it's really warm there in January.  Warmer than Maine.  Our friend's parents will also be in Florida when we visit.  That makes me happy (happier).  It will be the six of us.  Like old times.  Like good times.  I have decided not to buy a bathing suit.

It doesn't seem like Christmas here at home.  My tree is up, still crooked, no lights.  G added new lights to one of the outdoor wreaths (48 inches) but can't find the remote connector so we will have to go out on the porch to plug it in and unplug it at bedtime.  Which we won't want to do.  I suggested a "new" way of doing things.  G is to hand me anything he wants to actually "find" again.  I will put it away and then be able to lay hands on it when he wants it again.  He can never remember where he put something.Which wastes incredible amounts of his time while he unsuccessfully searches. The garbage bags are a big problem.  He carries them with him, uses one and then walks away but can't remember where he left the rest of the bags.  The remote connector box/plug and the little remote (also missing) is going to be a difficult item to find in the garage. All things Christmas (extra lights, remotes etc) are SUPPOSED to be in the coffee table drawer.  Period. Sad to say. The remote is no where to be seen.

G was very angry about me suggesting this "new" solution.  He sees this as criticism rather than me trying to be helpful.  If someone offered to take care of all your stuff--shouldn't you be happy?

I need to shop a bit in order to put supper on the table tonight.  Or look in the freezer for stuff.  I might have chicken thighs in there and then could make chicken soup.  G wants different noodles so I will have to go out anyway.  I need salad.  I need some form of protein for lunches this week.  And I think I will make chili again.  I'm at the point of not being overly thrilled with anything I have been eating.  I need something "new" and "fresh" to wake up my tastebuds.  My breakfast has gotten very dull as well.

Watched "While You Were Sleeping" last night.  What a delightful Christmas time movie.  With a warm and happy family.  I then attempted to watch Inspector Lewis but kept falling asleep so I just gave up and went to bed.  With 560 deleted programs still stored, I can go back and watch stuff from October and even September.  TiVo used to delete stuff permanently at the end of the month.  My son said that storage capacity has come "a long way in a short time".  Well, yeah!

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Well, Readers, I want you to know that I spent a total of 15 minutes looking for the timer G couldn't find. In the garage and then in the shed.

I found TWO. The wreaths are now on a timer. We still can't find the remote that turns the Christmas tree on and off. Perhaps with the ornaments?