Monday, April 04, 2011

Green Bananas

I did my grocery shopping for the week on Sunday after work.  Green Bananas with lots of colorful stickers, no yogurt and the cereal shelves (the ones at the top with the least expensive boxes) were empty. Today on the weekly floral trip to the hospital, I stopped and filled a container at their salad bar.  I got salad greens, beets, peas, kidney beans, olives and a scoop of tuna for protein.  I also bought more salad than I had money.  Oops!!  Tomorrow I have to go back with an extra $2.  It was like that show "What Would You Do?" in a situation like that.  I got my salad in exchange for all the money I had.  Three dollars and 94 cents.

Today is Riley's Fourth Birthday.  G bought him a Moo toy which Riley doesn't like.  First toy he has shown no interest in.  G is disappointed.  But things could change at any time.

Dinner is being cooked.  I am going to take a shower.  Not exactly dirty but cold.  Rain and sleet today. More cold rain tomorrow.  G is having pork steaks, mashed potatoes and applesauce.  I am having baked sweet potatoes and steamed kale with carmelized onions.  I hope I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

My Jo Nesbo book is excellent.  For those of you who would like to try this very violent but good author, start with Redbreast.  It reads like a thriller movie.

Riley enjoyed his new, fresh bag of food.  The manager of our Petco said that Labs can sometimes "smell" something relating to the food and decide not to eat it.  Then we can return the bag for a refund.  He pre-sniffed the bags that G bought today and they are, indeed, delicious.  Just like the old days of eating Eukanuba.  I guess we are lucky that in the four years this is the first "bad smelling" bag we have purchased.

Here's the birthday boy and his new Moo toy.  A white and purple cow.

Riley pre sniffed the bags--not the Petco manager.  ROTFL

No comments: