Thursday, April 07, 2011

Fragmented

Editing this post.  It's 10 am and Sam is out of surgery and without a gall bladder. The surgeon did it the "easy" way but it took a long time and was the second worst gall bladder he has ever removed.  She will stay overnight just to be safe (infection).  She has obviously lived with a great deal of pain for many years so I am wondering what life will be like for her-pain free.

Yesterday I was very busy getting four large shopping bags and 5 banker's boxes filled with fabric and brought downstairs by the front door.  The Linus Project co-ordinator is picking this donation of fabric up tomorrow afternoon.  I also sent the dog food samples to the lab for testing, paid and mailed the household bills, made homemade pizza, got my hair cut and moved the plant auction plants outdoors for the day (and back inside for the night).  It's 24 degrees right now.  Frost covers the lawn.  I lucked out at the resale shop and got an LLBean anorak for Spring dog walks and a ten dollar brown cashmere sweater for now and next winter.  It's very cozy.

G was up very early.  Our daughter is having her second surgical attempt at removing her very sick gall bladder.  They admitted her for day surgery at 5.30 this morning (larger hospital about 45 minutes from home) and took her into surgery at 7 if all went as planned.  The surgeon will try to do the surgery laproscopically but if that won't work (again) then he will do an abdominal incision.  A week in the hospital for that.  I am hoping and praying to hear from G in a few hours that it was done the easy way.  And Sam will be sleeping in her bed, at home, tonight.

The Year of the Rabbit for G and S has been filled with pain, doctors and lab tests so far.  Let's hope this is the end of that.

We watched Survivor last night and I can't imagine it was chance that they had a foot challenge on the day that Matt cuts his foot on Redemption Island.  Or that he is now back on the island (the best place for him since he is a train wreck running his mouth).  G went to bed early and I turned off the TV and read my book until Riley decided it was time to go to bed.  10.30.  Right on the minute. I swear that dog has an incredibly accurate internal clock!

I can't really concentrate on anything.  I have to take the dog to daycare and go to work soon.  I may try and do my Pilates (I didn't fit it in yesterday).  Perhaps that will make me feel more peaceful.

3 comments:

Diane N said...

So sorry to hear about your daughter's health problems. I hope she was able to have her surgery done laproscopically - it really makes everything so much easier.

Please let us know how it went.

Thingking of all of you and wishing you well.

Diane N said...

I'm so happy that your daughter is out of surgery and was able to have the easier surgery.

I hope her recovery will be easy and quick.

Thank you for updating the blog so we all know the outcome.

Blessings to your entire family. I know you must be relieved.

Terry Grant said...

I am glad she is doing OK and rid of the gallbladder, especially since the surgeon commented on how especially bad it was. Most people seem to report that they feel sooo much better almost instantly that it is amazing. Hope she heals fast and feels good. Don't you hate it when your kids hurt? Surgery is the worst. I feel so helpless and always more scared than I probably should be.