Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daisy Tuesday

Almost out of pictures from my day at work (last week) so I will need to take the camera to work next Sunday and snap some more.  It's nice to have something beautiful for you at the top of the blog.  Not much of beauty here at the house, right now.

Work today was exhausting.  So much to do and by 2.30 I still hadn't had lunch or finished watering the big greenhouse.  My socks were wet so I changed into dry warm socks before eating my lunch.  In less than an hour my feet were wet again.  Ugh!  As was the lower 10 inches of each leg of my heavy corduroy pants.  I got home after 6.30, took off all the cold, wet clothes, hot shower, jammies and by then G and Riley were back from a walk in the woods.  G was trying to tire the dog because tomorrow it will be raining and cold (I don't walk the dog in the cold rain).

Riley has a bloody cut on his foot from the woods.  People throw so much trash out into the woods (along the paths) that it is surprising his foot pads aren't always bleeding.  He's licking his foot.  G can't see any injury so it must be hidden between the toes.

G remembered I wanted ice cream yesterday so we went and had Dairy Queen and looked at the burned out, demolished building from Sunday.  I should have taken my camera.  I had a banana split with just hot fudge sauce.  It was delicious.  Dairy Queen makes the best hot fudge.  Well, I make the best hot fudge but I'm not making hot fudge these days.  We're back home and eating dinner now.  Backwards.

Tomorrow, laundry, shirt ironing, some cleaning.  Perhaps a ride to Goodwill to drop off stuff, the library for books and the shops in town for bread.  Really good bread.  I may spring for a bacon egg and cheese sandwich at the deli.  Treat myself to something tasty.  Or not.  And make it here at home.  And I plan to cook a really nice dinner.  Meatballs, I think.  Or I will get a roasted turkey breast and make Thanksgiving Dinner.  That sounds nice on a cold rainy day.

2 comments:

Diane N said...

I vote for Thanksgiving dinner! Sounds yummy, especially if it's going to be cold and wet.

Paula, the quilter said...

You just reminded me of the turkey breast in my freezer. I, too, vote for the bird.