Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Lost Day

Remember I mentioned eating out on Sunday?  Or maybe I just think I did.  We had Mexican food at 3 or 4 on Sunday and by 10 pm I decided I was coming down with flu like "something".  Sweating and shivering.  It took awhile longer for G to feel the effects but when he did, he was throwing up.  Midnight on.  The only thing we ate in common was the salsa.  I had one bite and didn't like the taste, too hot.  G ate the rest.  G had paperwork and inventory on Monday, early so he was off to work at 5 am, stopping twice on the 20 minute drive to throw up.  I was up and dressed for work about an hour late, but decided I couldn't manage to go.  So back into my pajamas and into bed. G joined me at 10am.  We slept until Riley demanded his lunch.  I got up and let him outside, fed him and then climbed onto the couch and fell back to sleep.  G and I woke up around 3:30.  Next thing I knew it was 8.  Somewhere after that I had tried to eat something but couldn't.  Cream of wheat.  Couldn't swallow it.  Went back to bed at 10 and slept all night.

Here it is morning and I still feel terrible.  Can't eat.  I know it would help if I had something in my stomach.  But I can't swallow any food without getting sick to my stomach .  I'm having tea with tons of sugar.  Can't drink coffee.

Because I work till 6 this evening, I have already baked chicken and made rice for G's dinner.  I just have to cool everything down and prepare broccoli for steaming.  It's 8:30.  My back hurts.  I feel dizzy. I plan on taking a shower to see if that brightens my spirits.  I can always leave work but I worry about driving when I am dizzy and feeling faint.  I should plan ahead for safe places to pull off the road.

Anyway, I am still shivery.  And time keeps slipping away from me.  I could easily return to bed. But I still haven't paid the bills and I need to do that today.  And a load of laundry.

4 comments:

Diane N said...

The sudden onset of the symptoms may be from food poisoning or it could be just a coincidence. Whether it's a flu or food poisoning, you need to make sure you stay hydrated. I've had food poisoning so I know it's like there's a trampoline in your stomach. What goes in will come right back out. Even drinking water is very difficult. Try sucking on popsicles to stay hydrated if you can't eat or drink. If you can drink, try Gatorade. But seriously, whatever it is, if it hasn't let up in 24 hours, you should see a doctor or go to urgent care. They can give you a shot for the nausea and if you or your husband are dehydrated, they can give you a quick IV to rehydrate you.

Don't play with this. It can be very serious.

dee said...

Don't let this go on too long. Diane is right. Sounds like food poisoning to me. Been there-not fun. Keep warm and force yourself to drink even if it's little sips.
Hope you are both much better soon.

Annie said...

Wow, so sorry to read of your upset. I agree with the others, sounds like food poisoning.

Do take care, and feel better!

Hugs

gema said...

Sounds like a case of food poisoning...most definitely. I'd call the authorities on that restaurant.

Gute Besserung!