Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm So Very Tired

We had a big truck delivery today from Florida and it meant unloading everything, unwrapping and then moving what I already had on the greenhouse tables and rearranging to include the new items.  New orchids.  New gardenias.  New Norfolk pines.  New Christmas cactus.  New extra large cactus. Something for everyone. And I still had to water the entire greenhouse.

We use a lot of wire this time of year also.  Wrapping evergreens and pine cones into wreaths.  My picture today is of three empty wooden wire spools.  I use them as stamps (lovely circles) and also as bases to glue other items on, and then stamp.  I wonder how many have been thrown away and not recycled by me?

G has gone out to get take out because I am already in my pajamas (5 pm) and could easily fall asleep just sitting still for 5 minutes.  So, I am not in any mood to go out to a restaurant for a meal.  G is getting a pizza and I am having a large Greek salad.  I'm in charge of filling our dinner glasses with ice and lemon wedges and going out onto the porch for two diet cokes.

The library was closed today so G couldn't pick up my reserved book.  Not that I would be able to read it.  I finished watching Season One of Fringe last night and returned it to the coworker who lent it to me  long ago.  Now someone new is watching.  I hope one of us buys Season Two the day after Thanksgiving when they have the big sales.

My friend K baked two apple pies using a new apple Arkansas Black.  A very hard, slightly bitter apple which makes up into a very good pie.  She was going to give one pie away, and then decided to keep them both.  Last night, while talking to me long distance, she was being served a warm slice of the second pie by her husband (they had already eaten the first pie).  And he had ice cream on the plate also.  A good man.  If I was there, I would have gotten a slice also.  And I wished that I was, there, because there is nothing better than a slice of warm pie.  I need to make a pie.  Or two.

No comments: