Thursday, September 17, 2009

Need To Do List

This morning I am facing the inevitable list of "things I need to get done" before I can leave on a much needed vacation from my "real" life. Today. On the eve of the day of my birth (day). On my way to work.

I have shrubs to plant. I have clothes to wash and iron. I have a fridge to fill with food for G to reheat and eat while I am gone. And I have NO time to do any of this. Yesterday. I wasted yesterday. I did tons of errands but no shrub planting or cooking.

I have a decision to make. Do I let it all go? Do I just go to work today and ignore everything clattering away on the edges of my brain. Little things calling my name. Do Me. Do Me. What about Me?

Right now I need a shower, a packed lunch and to get in the car and leave for work by 11:20. In one hour. And it's cold outside. So I need to figure out a cold weather outfit. I tend to wear the same clothes (washed daily) everyday. It simplifies things until there is a weather change and then it gets a bit complicated (as I have gained weight since the last season of cold or warm or hot weather) So, we play, what fits. Takes time. Which I don't have. Why am I blogging???

I am going to stop at the market tomorrow and get meat for a huge meatloaf and make a vat of mashed potatoes. Perhaps some stuffed shells in Marinara. And a pot of Garden Chowder tonight with what I have in the crisper. I still have to write my class notes for the Houseplants class on Saturday. And if we're not busy, I'm going home early. To plant shrubs.

Today my bowl is full of nagging issues. I need to let it go. Take my shower. Make my lunch salad. Work today is all about moving shrubs around the Nursery area. Nice dirty work.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Chocolate Cake. I have no idea what we'll be eating for dinner.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Birthday, Joanne! I'll be thinking of you as you enjoy that cake with your workmates.

Wishing you good things for the coming year.

: )

Jeannie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I will be toasting you as I celebrate mine on Saturday. Have a fantastic vacation. Cheers.

MariMo said...

Dearest Joanne, I am sitting here with hubby and cat and we're thinking of you - sending you our very best wishes on your birthday - wishing you a wonderful day, and many many many happy returns. Hugs - Larbi and Marianne

Del said...

Happy belated Birthday. I hope the coming year brings you health, wealth and happiness.
Del in SCalifornia

dee said...

Happy Birthday Joanne. I loved Maine(always do) and I'm home so you're in charge again.
Hope you have a great vacation.