Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Celebrating Our Anniversary

On the day after. We decided to have dinner out today (a mutual day off) instead of yesterday. Forty One years. Holy Crap! as a coworker said. G's anniversary gift got quite a few laughs also. I bought him the large container of Deer Fence spray. Very stinky.

I got to do something sweet yesterday while "cleaning" up the perennials. A and I were working and she asked how G & I met. It was very nice to remember those first moments with a person. We met on Spring Break in Florida and spent a few days out in the Keys sleeping under a "bowl" of stars on the beach. A asked if G felt the same about it. I thought for awhile and then replied that G has always had a picture of the camper on that beach in the Keys on his desk. So I think he does think about how and when we met. Wasn't that lovely? Better than any gift from a store.

Today we were out the door early. I had to go to the title company to have documents notarized for the sale of the Ohio house, drop things off at the resale shop, stop at library, banks, UPS, Town office to register my car (the one in storage), Staples and then the bakery to order a birthday cake for Friday for myself. I'm taking it to work with me Friday to share with my co workers. Chocolate Chocolate. I got a Carrot Cake for G for our anniversary.

We still need to do a bit of grocery shopping and buy coffee beans for K. And go out for dinner. G and Riley are out having a walk in the woods. G walks. Riley runs. Off leash. Riley comes home exhausted, wet and dirty. And very happy.

G is going to go collect all the branches I cut on Monday and pile them in the burn pile area. Then we'll go get the coffee for K. I should be digging holes for more plants but I'm clean and want to stay that way. I have books to read (2) and West Wing to watch and then Top Chef. I made more sugar free Jello for the remainder of the week. Raspberry. I may have a bite or two of the Carrot Cake (if G is willing to share).

I have 22 signed up for the Houseplant class on Saturday. Oy!

My bowl today is filled with sweet memories.

2 comments:

Terry Grant said...

Awwww! Happy anniversary!

dee said...

Lovely story Joanne. Happy anniversary and birthday. We're headed to Maine on Sunday...stay off the roads!