Friday, September 04, 2009

Letting Go

Of negative thinking. Today is Friday. Just about every Friday in August I had a message on the answering machine or computer from my real estate agent in Ohio. The first time she said "I have good news and bad news". Usually the good news was that there was NO MORE bad news. After the bad news.

No one called today. Good News. Letting go of the negative.

I got my hair cut yesterday. The oddest haircutting experience of my adult life. No straight lines. Just snipping here and there. My hair follows the curve of my head. Follows the way my hair grows sideways, in circles, forward. I have washed it twice and toweled it dry and it's exactly the same as it was when she finished cutting. The back view is stunning. I need someone to take a picture for you. I'm not as excited about the front view. The cut seems too short for a woman carrying the weight I am carrying. I would feel much better at my lower weight. Letting go of control of my hair. It is what it is.

I notified my employer that I would be gone on vacation for two weeks at the end of this month. NOW he is wondering if I will be teaching classes etc for the upcoming Saturdays. I decided to "just go" on vacation and not over think it. I know I need time with my friend K to just talk and not have to explain myself. That's the way it is with old time friends. Just letting go and saying whatever you need to say.

G and I have had the third Chicken Enchilada meal this evening. First day it was just the enchiladas. Second day I served them with fresh salsa. Tonight with fresh guacamole. The salsa was the best version. I think we'll have pizza tomorrow. It was very nice to not have to cook after a long, hot day at work. I was happy to come home and shower and read the mail and newspaper. G was in charge of nuking the food. I let go of even the reheating of dinner.

I have decided to just "settle" for the 33 inch refrigerator that fits in the kitchen space. Letting go of my desire for a 36 inch large size model. There are only two people living here. Why do I need such a big refrigerator? No reason. My appliance salesperson co worker recommends the LG Trio with the ten year warranty. Bottom freezer with ice maker. French doors. I need to go see it in person. I have even started shopping every two or three days for whatever I need instead of buying heaps of food and then not cooking it. Less need for the larger size. Indeed.

I have Disc One of Season Two of Mad Men to watch. I think I saw some of them when AMC ran Mad Men all day long and I got hooked on the series. I saw four or five episodes. I have to go now and start watching. I have to return the disc before 9 pm Saturday. Now I will be letting go of you!

1 comment:

dee said...

Have fun. Letting go is a great feeling. Almost as good as a great haircut!!