Thursday, July 10, 2008

Artful Radish

I have a harvest. Radishes. French Breakfast. Aren't they sweet? Well, actually, the taste is pretty sharp and peppery. I think the French eat them with sweet, unsalted butter for breakfast. With a fresh, crisp baguette no doubt.

I was experimenting with the camera. I love these strange little shots which are vague ideas until I see the finished picture. This one surprised me with the shadows. Watercolor-ish.

G and I spread straw on the garden beds today, then I watered and G went to pick up some Chinese lunch for us. Now he's vacuuming up all the dog hair Riley is depositing on all horizontal surfaces. Hot Dog.

Having the same day off is sort of interesting. I'm going to continue sanding the red paint off the front door-- now with the electric sander as the hand sanding only made my hands hurt. G wants to paint house shutters. Eight really tall shutters and 6 or 8 medium shutters. I think getting the eight tall ones painted will be ENOUGH and, in any case, they will need two or more coats. And it's hot outside where we will be painting. Mosquitos. Nothing new, here, as these are the same conditions as at work.

We ran out of pie yesterday. Very sad. So I will comfort myself with ice cold Bing cherries. Too hot to bake cookies or brownies. I think G will be treating me to an ice cream cone later which only seems right since he got the last piece of pie yesterday. Rhubarb custard with crunchy topping. I have to go pick more rhubarb at P's. Now wouldn't that be a delightful ice cream flavor for Mainers? Rhubarb custard with crunchy sweet bits?

No comments: