Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Daily Notes- July 7th



I baked a pie today.  I had rhubarb in the fridge and I had made a two crust pie crust recipe a few days ago and tucked it into the fridge.  And today I made the pie.

The first rhubarb pie was gorgeous.  The second not so good and quite mushy.
This third pie was baked at 400 degrees for 40 minutes and 375 for the last 10.  I went by smell. 
The pie smelled like it was baking at too hot a temp.  The crust.
Which is now "golden brown and crispy" as is the butter, flour and sugar crumble on top.
The pie dish is described as a "deep dish" so I used the entire two crust pie dough recipe.
We like crust. Especially those crispy crimped edges.

Yesterday it seemed like the best day so far to cut the grass.  Cooler, shady and a gentle breeze.
I did the major bits with the mulching lawn mower.  I got nice lines in the front.
The back was pretty tall over the septic field so that slowed me down.
And now it's done and I marked the wall calendar with a green sharpie- drew grass.
To indicate how many days it actually should be between cuttings. 
And I got a strawberry sundae at DQ.  We have to time the cutting so DQ is still open. 
The ice cream is a strong motivator for me.

Husband and I filled out our absentee ballots for the primary today.
The Town paid the postage.  Which isn't an issue for us but I guess it is for others.

My daughter wants me to inventory my Pandemic Supplies because things will be worse this Winter.
But I have always known that it would be.  Worse.  Just look at Texas and Florida.
Just so they could hang out in bars, get drunk and "hook up" for sex.
Well,  dumb asses was it worth it?   What is your life worth?

No comments: