Monday, July 06, 2020

Daily Notes- July 6th



A photo from Art Propelled.  I couldn't follow it back to it's author/maker.
It's been here on my desk top for a long time but I wanted to see it here today.
An image is sometimes worth a thousand words.
This reminded me of the collage challenge in some vague but charged way.

We may be able to cut the grass today.  It rained overnight and we'll need to wait for the dew to dry. 
But at some point in the day we should be able to start cutting.

I made Sunday Pizza last evening for our late supper. And added pineapple to my side. And I was awake and out in the car for a supermarket visit prior to the 160 that are allowed in later in the morning. 
Very few people in the store with me.  Not all with masks.
I got another 10 pound bag of sugar.  A strange brand (Eagle) and rest of the shelving bare.
Other Canners of Fruit, Jelly and Pickles are stocking their shelves as I am.
I got out the recipes and did calculations.

Plenty of flour in all sizes and brands on the shelves along with many kinds of yeast.
But I have hardly made a dent in what I have here in the cupboard.
Next visit I am calculating whether I will need a second gallon of vinegar.

My avocado plant has passed 11 inches in height and has five leaves at the very top. 
Not much to see in a photo so I will just give you an update every so often.
Little roots are starting to escape the drain hole at the bottom of the clay pot.
And daughter did say I had planted the pit- butt side up.  oops.

As soon as I hit publish here I am off to the library for my curbside pickup.
Early grocery shopping and later library pickup do not work together. So it means two trips
in the morning.  Last week I did the trio of Bank, Post Office, Library.
It felt like Old Times.

I worked on making squares yesterday out of cloth and thread.  It was comforting.
I started with tiny 9 patches made of one inch squares and then added borders. After those were all used up I started putting larger squares together into 9 patches and then adding borders to them.
I collected soft blues, yellows and worn out whites. A pale enough pink is never anywhere to be seen.
And it would need to be worn out.  Soft and barely there.
DebL's magic cloth is added in small doses. But always always looks amazing.

Today, I have rhubarb enough for a third pie.
Life is Good.

No comments: