Thursday, July 02, 2020

Daily Notes- July 2nd



Well, it's well and truly July.  Hotter than hot and the Humidity is unbreathable.
I was up and out early to get a haircut.  
Traffic- after so many months of one or two cars- is making me nervous. Too many cars. And BIW is on strike and they were lining the street out in front of one of the BIW off site parking lots in my Town.
They were having to work in the ships under construction sans masks.
The strike is about something else but a lot of families are going to be under stress while this goes on.

Husband has one job today- the small peach tree Redhaven is needing support wires to hold it up with the heavy load of peaches.  I helped with the first stick but the second being further from the trunk- husband is having some trouble "thinking" how to do it.
I offered suggestions but it's like I am speaking in a language he can't understand.

Husband also brought over the landscaping kid who cuts our neighbor's grass about 15 minutes later.  
To offer us a quote. 
Since I am the one actually cutting the grass this guy would be cutting- I wondered why.
We took the card but I said I would continue cutting the grass.
Then after he was gone I asked husband if he had forgotten "The Rule"?
Which is, when we can't take care of the property ourselves- we sell and move.

Nothing anyone else does is going to be "good enough".
And we both hate the way our neighbor's grass looks which is why I was sort of speechless when he brought the lovely young man over to speak to me.
Of course, husband said he was only doing it to "help me out"- must have been a brain fart. 
I stopped believing he was "helping me" years and years ago.

How is a riding mower (which I don't use) or larger and larger snow blowers helping me??

I stopped at the greenhouse where I worked and the zucchini and yellow squash plants they had were so gigantic and nice that I got two of each (three plants in each pot). 
I was just going to buy squash for the pickles but- well, it's easy enough to grow my own.
And there is enough room in the one bed to do just that.
I just have to wait till it's cooler.
And Proven Winners were on close out so I got three coleus plants with three different variegated color leaves.  I had coleus in that pot by his workshop last summer and it was very pretty.

No comments: