Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Indigo


I think 2018 is the year I will try and grow some indigo.  Use it to dye cloth.  Dye thread.  Dye shirts.
And if I can't find seeds (which I hear are very hard to come by)--then I will use the kit I purchased years ago at the Artist's Supply.  down in Portland.

Weather coming in tomorrow.  10 to 12 inches of snow.  Wind.  Big Wind as Grace would say. and then, if we wait--it gets really warm--like almost 30 degrees on Friday.  Or Saturday.  My friend would say the "'weather is going mental".  She's from Boston.

I'm posting now, because who knows what's coming or going tomorrow.  Snow coming and power going most likely.

The had a water main break in the library in Town.  My library.  Water everywhere.  Lots of fire trucks.   Big excitement.  Happens every couple of years.  Vestibule adjacent to the elevator shaft fills up with water (glass doors) and looks like a giant washing machine with the fire sprinklers gushing.  Basement floods. Elevator shaft fills up with water. You'd think they'd fix or move the pipes that freeze, thaw and burst.  Naw.  At least nothing caught on fire.  Books were safe.  Dry.

Well, I'm going to bed now--in 12 minutes it'll be Thursday.  Snow Day.

No comments: