Monday, July 23, 2012

Iced Tea

The reflections in the half gallon jar of cold brewed tea that I have on my kitchen counter.  Dark, mysterious and oddly comforting on a summer afternoon.

I have decided that I am deeply loving this summer. 2012.  The sunshine, the heat, the days of not doing much at all.  Of sleeping well and soundly (due to the kelp), of eating simple, yet delicious meals, of wearing light, loose and cool clothing.  Being barefoot.  And the best suntan doesn't hurt either.  Especially since I never burned at all in the "getting".  And the "look" of my garden and yard.  So lush and green (due to G's watering).  Yesterday evening was cool and breezy and I could deadhead the daisies and zinnias again, without mosquitos.  What's not to love about that?

G grilled hamburgers (bacon cheddar jalapeño gourmet burgers from the store) alongside a large tray of mixed color peppers and zucchini.  The burgers, topped with bacon, more cheese, mayo, bacon fried onions, pickles and lettuce --- were tasty.  The jalapeño overpowered all the other burger seasonings.  The grilled vegetables will be added, liberally, to my morning eggs.  I'm thinking that Chicken Fajitas might not be a bad choice for tonight's dinner.  With a tequila lime marinade.

Time, the calendar, has suddenly passed me by.  There is a birthday box I must get into the mail today. Why does his birthday ALWAYS catch me unawares?  Well, in truth, his birth caught me unawares as well.  Two weeks early.  I went for a checkup and ended up in hospital being induced and two hours later, there he was.  Talk about being unprepared.  He was ready to get going. All 8 pounds plus.  And I LOVED him completely from the very first moment I held him.  Still do.  Always will.

Sentimental today.  Probably need to eat some breakfast, make a list of things I want to do and get started.  The floors need my attention if I am going barefoot.

No comments: