Monday, June 18, 2012

The View From My Dining Room Chair

In all the years I having been sitting in this dining room, we have never had this kind of view of the rose just outside the window.  It really is amazing. As the sun sets and the light changes (I do eat later than regular people) the colors get stronger.  It's just a rose.  No name (any longer) and it gets little attention being over on the other side of the chimney.  I haven't given it fertilizer in years.  There is a chive plant embedded in it's roots now--warding off bad things, perhaps?

I managed to clean something today.  The kitchen counter, sink and the island.  With bleach.  I walked the dog.  Had oatmeal (this time with both flax meal and almond meal) which was better.  I think I will decrease the amount of dry oatmeal to 1/3 cup.  1/2 is too much.  The texture of the cooked cereal is more gloppy and pasty than normal oatmeal.  I am still trying to find a nut based "cereal" to make and eat.  Something cold and crunchy.  I investigated the Paleo sites today.  Caveman Crunch.  Perhaps Atkins would be more popular if it had a catchy little caveman logo.  I would miss dairy.  Cavemen didn't milk anything, I guess.  They did use leaves for salads, collect honey, berries and dried prunes and dates.  Seems odd.  It's sort of arbitrary. Any of you eat like a caveman?

I worked on my Spring 12 by 12 for tomorrow's reveal.  I like it.  But, even though I tried to use the same fabrics I used in Winter, placing the two side by side is not feeling like a good thing.  Being able to show the four together as a 24 by 24 was my intention.  That being said, if I jiggle the left edge of Winter up against Spring----there is a moment of continuity.  It might be enough?   I won't be showing them together tomorrow.  Let Spring stand on it's own for a day or two.

Work tomorrow and then all day at the Book Sale on Wednesday.  Remember I mentioned that Book Sale Set Up Day is ALWAYS the hottest day?  97.  Ninety Seven Degrees.  That's the forecast for Wednesday.  OMG. I may just die.  I told the guy in charge that he better have lots of cold water on hand.  Or be prepared to call 911 as the elderly help fall over.  How many volunteers will just "forget" to come help?  There is no way my underwear will stay dry.  I am going to be sweaty, hot and covered in that dirty dust the book boxes are caked in.  Yuck.


No comments: