Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Asked, Didn't I?

For validation of all my efforts to change my diet and my body?  Well, obviously someone or something is listening.

An older gentleman who has known me for many, many years, saw me at the greenhouse and said, "Well, young lady, you have certainly kept the weight off.  You look whip thin"

And today, while trying to identify a plant disease, I neglected to notice the owner of the leaf was a quilting friend from years ago also.  She asked if I remembered her and I did.  Then she said "you have lost a LOT of weight."  I smiled and said.  "Yes, I did."

Let me say that again.  Yes, I did.  Feels good to say it and feels even better to hear it said.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Good for you! And it feels better to live it, right? After many months of struggling, I have finally started to lose *those pounds* we talked about and it feels GREAT. Sometimes you have to start feeling it to stay focused when temptation strikes.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Awesome feedback, congratulations. The casual unsolicited comments are the best!