Monday, May 23, 2011

When Will It Stop Raining?

Today I spent a great deal of time outside in the perennial yard.  Putting the soaking wet herbs in order on the tables, adding the newly ordered herbs (that I ordered yesterday) and then attacking the trays of soaking wet (heavy) perennials I had also ordered yesterday.  I had to put them away on their tables also.  Well.  I had to find room for them on their tables.  And organize the rows.  And during all this lifting, carrying, tugging, sorting etc I was getting colder and damper.  It wasn't actually raining.  It was more like the humidity was 90% and the temperature was 50.  With drizzle.

And no matter where I was: it wasn't where I needed to be.

I feel much better after a nice, long, hot shower.  I think I will be eating my last container of Tomato Kale soup for dinner (I could add a precooked sausage patty for protein).  I want a hot dinner and that's about all there is since I haven't investigated a new dinner choice yet.  I did purchase 1/3 pound burgers which I can cook into charred goodness, mix into a fast chili, or do something with but I lack the incentive (energy) to work these ideas thru.  I can make my own version of a low carb (bunless) Whopper or just go to BK and buy one.  Or two.  220 calories each.  This Atkins diet is like a weird science experiment.  I think soup, tonight.

Our lawn looks like an emerald green carpet (G found a rainless 90 minutes to mow it yesterday) and the perennials are growing so fast you can practically watch them.  But there is no sun.  And the sun charges my internal batteries like nothing else.  I worship the sun.

I am thankful we are on the cold/wet side of this weather pattern and not in Joplin.  I have no idea what is happening across the country; with terrible dry conditions, flooding, tornados, snow.  The world didn't end yesterday but it certainly has gotten VERY strange.  The misery felt by so many fellow Americans is right here, with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the piece you featured in the picture today. Those are some of my favorite colors. Thanks for sharing!

Terry Grant said...

I love that piece too! Crazy and great.