Tuesday, May 24, 2011

And On This Day The Sun Returned

Yes, indeed.  And the earth warmed.  And I shed layers and actually felt "too warm".  Not complaining, just happy.  I can only hope for a repeat of today, tomorrow.

We were very busy and the plant tables look like they have been ransacked.  Tomorrow will be a flurry of work to restock everything when the trucks arrive.  I am happy to not have to participate.  I was busy enough to have missed the moments when I could eat lunch.  Once the day crew leaves, we are short staffed and not one of us can leave to eat.  Finally at 5.30 I ate my salad at my potting bench, standing up and still waiting on customers.  And today someone gave me a tip.  Really.  Five Dollars.

I also heard that Big Lots had Crocs for sale again.  Only they started selling them last week so the choices were slim and none today after work.  I managed to find three pairs.  One ballerina flat style to wear barefoot with pants this summer (for dressy occasions---snort).  The acid green and purple ones are work shoes.  For the summer.  Fifteen dollars each.  Still no red ones.  I did find red at Reny's but they wanted full price for them.  And Reny's is a discount store.

I bought bags of Red's Flax Meal at Big Lots just in case I ever get to Phase 2 of Atkins and can have a Muffin in a Minute.  MIM.  Which is as much like bread as Atkins gets.  I have permission to slather as much cream cheese on it as I want.  In Phase 2.  Not now.  It "bakes" in a coffee mug in the microwave.

I also stopped using table sugar in my coffee.  That's what they call white sugar.  And today I started using the Turbinado sugar I buy for G at the health food store.  That sugar is on the "okay" list as it is natural.  I used my tip money to buy a Stevia plant and make my own natural sweetener.  I chewed a leaf and it was very sweet and didn't have the nasty aftertaste you get from the commercial stuff.  A Tablespoon of leaves can be crushed and simmered with water to make a sweetener to use in coffee.  I have my plant ready to go into the garden tomorrow.

My tomatoes and peppers were out on the stoop all day today and they looked very perky when I carried them back inside for the evening.  Very perky.  Just like me.  I'm going to take a shower now and have something to eat.  I was hungry today, but I think that was due to not eating from 10.30 (when I ate a crispy browned 1/3 pound beef patty) to 5.30.   I ate my usual breakfast omelet but was hungry again at 10 so I ate the beef.  Next time I am adding mayo, lettuce, pickles, onion and cheese.  Whopperish.

2 comments:

gema said...

there were crocs on sale in a shop near me for EUR19,19! Pretty colours. Enjoy reading your readings as usual and trying to burn 500cals daily on my ellipical trainer.
Somehow I think we live parallel lives!!!

gema said...

EUR19,90!
Sorry, I am wearing fancy nails and they are a pita! Can't type at all!!